“Back to the Future”

King's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #137 of 827 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Love this menu and venue. Super to see them continuing a great Durham Tradition. Hamburger done to perfection and fries with chili and cheese just don't tell my cardiologist.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I was told I had to go to try the hot dogs. The place was about what I expected limited parking good hot dogs good toppings. Very friendly service.
Had French fries, tater tots and fried okra. All were very good.
Over all a very enjoyable visit.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

This place has been around for decades. Even when they moved the Durham Bull's baseball team to their new modern field across town, King's continued to do a brisk business. When downtown Durham was on the ropes with little more than lawyers offices, a courthouse and the jail, King's prospered. Now that downtown has become a hip place to go, they still make great food. I like the hotdog, all the way.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

My wife and I met our son for a quick lunch at Kings recently. When I first saw the place I thought, okay, this will either be really great or just awful. I asked my son for a suggestion, and he told me he has never been disappointed with anything he ordered. So I had the chicken andouille (in a hot dog bun) with mustard, peppers, and onions - and it was GREAT! Wife had the grilled chicken, son had a burger. We also ordered fries, fried okra, and tots, all of which were surprisingly good. What can you do with a tater tot to make it noteworthy? Somehow, Kings manages to make a tater tot very special! Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Just good ole food with a hometown swag......! So glad that they reopened because everything that's on the menu is just as great as the staff.