Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
Homewood
US$81
US$169
Travelocity
All reviewsfree beer winesimple hotelrtp areaon tuesdaysfridge and microwavefront deskovernight visitnext morningroom was cleaneasy accessclose to the airportwithin mileslate at nightfree breakfastwater pressurebreakfast staffminute drive
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This hotel was nice. It was simple, clean, close to my work location, and even had a shuttle to take you where you needed to go. All Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have visited have the best cinnamon rolls ever (although these kinda pushed it because they were over-cooked both days I ate breakfast there). They also have eggs and either bacon or sausage (and of course juice and coffee) to complete the meal.

The hotel staff was very helpful while I was there. Check-in was a breeze, the Tue/Wed Manager's Reception (free beer/wine appetizers) is awesome as well.

Problem (1) : Called the hotel shuttle from the airport by using one of those big boards, requested the shuttle, and 30 mins later no shuttle. So I called the hotel on my cell phone and they said they never heard anything about a shuttle request. 20 mins later shuttle comes, guy is apologetic.

Problem (2): There is nothing around this hotel in walking distance and no access to any store or food at the hotel other than vending machines which worked about 75% of the time. Also, most of the restaurants in the area (if you do have a car) close around 7pm so you had better not have a late working night if you want dinner and don't want to drive a decent distance.

Ping Pong chinese restaurant delivers and is GOOD!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2007

This is an excellent hotel for business travel in the moderate category. Spotless rooms,spacious with comfy bed, friendly staff and good no-frills breakfast. Also has free internet access.

Good location for RTP and Southpoint Mall is only a 5 min drive.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2007

This was my 3rd week working in RTP and I was limited on the hotels I could stay at and still receive a corporate rate for the company I am consulting for. FINALLY I found a place that will be tolerable for the remainder of my engagement. This hotel is clean, modern, and affordable. The bed is very comfortable - complete with pillows both soft and firm (and labelled as such) and the room was rather large. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was decent. Of the moderate level places I've stayed in RTP this was by far the best.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2006

I stayed at the HIE RTP while on business in research park. This hotel was convenient to most of the triangle. The rooms were nice size, clean, and nicely decorated. There are not many restaurants in walking distance, but many within a 5-10 minute drive. This was one of the nicer Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank trippin_it_up
Reviewed July 15, 2004

I have stayed several times at the Clarion Hotel on Miami Blvd, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. This hotel is a true gem! The hotel is inexpensive and provides incredible service, far beyond that which I find at many four and five star properties around the world.
The experience begins at the airport, with a friendly shuttle bus driver. It continues with check-in: the staff goes out of their way to make you feel like you are "coming home." The hotel provides a Manager's Reception every weeknight, providing two drinks on the house. Again, the staff is friendly, talkative and accomodating. The shuttle service will take you to companies in the RTP area, and even pick you up after the meeting to return you to the airport.
This week a colleague and I were stuck at RDU airport due to weather at our destination. After repeated delays with the airline we finally decided to reschedule for a morning flight. It was after 8pm, and my colleague called the hotel: the manager held the last two rooms for us until we could get there despite a flood of calls for rooms coming from other travelers who were stuck as we were.
Despite the late hour, the staff accommodated our requests, got us some dinner, and sent us to bed. Weary travelers, we sincerely appreciated this "above and beyond" kind of service.

• Stayed: July 2004, travelled on business