Review Highlights
A very good place to visit, work and play.

I'm in the last phase of my career. In a long and varied career, I've worked for the federal and... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
P0sterb0y
Durham, North Carolina
Family member having surgery at duke hospital

Room was very clean. Staff was very courteous. Beds in our room was very soft and comfortable... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
80peggyw
Vale, North Carolina

All reviews beautiful campus west campus ivy league great school cameron indoor stadium gothic architecture college visit medical center campus tour football game blue devils botanical gardens college basketball guided tour north carolina campuses students
Reviewed October 12, 2018

We visited the chapel and the botanical gardens at Duke University. Driving through campus was like driving through a park - so many huge trees everywhere, just beautiful.

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

If you are in the area and have kids preparing to think about colleges, this is a must see. The campus is incredibly beautiful. We self toured; however would recommend a guided tour to get a flavor of the history and background of the campus and quality of life at Duke. Be sure to visit the chapel as well.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

This is actually my oldest daughter's alma mater, which she began visiting overnight in the 9th grade. When she was finally accepted, I popped up on campus for her dance performances, football games, or for no reason at all! Now that she has graduated, I MUST get to the bookstore often to get her and her friends (they still have a strong bond) the latest merchandise from the University Bookstore at the Bryan Center!! I am now a part of Durham Wayfinders so I can usher at the Reynolds Theater. Any reason to stay in touch with a fine campus like Duke U.!! :)

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We purchased tickets for the NCCU game via the Duke Alumni association. The good and bad was the pre game party actually could have been purchased at the event, and though the food was good, there was NO seating at all, meaning you ate standing up. The tickets that were supposed to be available for the game seemed to be all gone when we logged in, and although a large part of the stadium was blocked off, and many seats and areas were empty, we had to pay an increased price to sit directly in the sun and the heat. I don't understand why yet....This is the second time this has happened when buying tickets. While we will continue to enjoy a football game at Duke yearly, I will no longer trust their "seating to be determined by priority" statement on the website. Call in and get a definite seat out of the sun....

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We go to Duke every couple of years for alumni events (so I'm biased...) and we love it every time. This time we toured the Nasher Art Museum on campus and enjoyed it. We always make our way to the Chapel and this time the organist was practicing for an upcoming wedding. There's a pamphlet for kids to find interesting items in the chapel which is fun. In the archways around campus you can whisper "I love you" in the tubular arch on one side and your kids will hear it when they put their ear on the opposite side (it works!). Tour the campus, go to the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, and check out the amazing athletic facilities. You'll enjoy the day. Have lunch or dinner at the Washington Duke Hotel. The food is amazing.

Date of experience: September 2018