“LOVE, LOVE This Place”

Dulce Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Dessert in Durham
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Wonderful little cafe. Discovered this place about half a year ago, and now I go there for lunch all the time. Wonderful sandwiches. My favorite is the Rubens and the Chicken Salad sandwich. Both to die for. They both come with a super fresh green salad with a wonderful vinaigrette. All is home made.
Sometimes, I also have my favorite cake, the Murano and a cup of coffee. They serve Counter Culture coffee, so very very good. And the Murano cake is out of this world. You got to try it. But apparently all their cakes are amazing. They look beautiful too.
What, I also love about this place, is, things are served on a nice plate, water in a real glass and real silverware. Coffee in a real cup. Hate those plastic cups you get some places and plastic silverware.
The staff is super friendly. Cannot say anything bad about this place. Ok, if I am pressed, I could mention, those cakes really makes you want to eat more cakes haha. Not the best for my waistline. But then again, I always feel so super happy after I have eaten at Dulce Cafe.
Highly recommend you try it for yourself.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

This is a great place for an elegant bit of pastry or cake, and coffee.
We got a chocolate praline mille feuille, and a chocolate ganache torte.
The praline was like a napoleon , a buttery puff pastry with both a light chocolate layer of rich mousse and a darker one. The perfecto touch was the bottom layer - a crunchy nut meringue base (dacquise style). Very well put together.
The individual ganache torte was elegantly simple - dark chocolate in a tender crust.
We also got a coconut macaroon for the road - good texture to it. Two desserts, 1 cookie, 2 coffees came to $26. Not cheap, but worth it for the quality.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Dulce is in my neighborhood, and I consider myself very lucky. What an elegant little café. This is an excellent choice for a casual lunch or dinner, and a superb pick for dessert. Limited menu, but the Cobb salad is beautiful and plentiful and they have a small selection of inventive, flavorful sandwiches, with a full coffee bar along with beer and wine. The desserts are works of art, truly. It's like a museum of sweet deliciousness. Service is friendly and professional- you order at the counter and your food and beverage is brought to you. Very fine choice for casual dining.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

We went because a friend of ours said they have the best Cuban sandwich in town, and it definitely didn't disappoint. Absolutely delicious. The staff was very courteous, keeping our drinks full at all time, and the homemade chips were perfect. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

The deserts are amazing. The best red velvet cake I've ever had. Service is impeccable. Coffee is okay. I've had better latte elsewhere in Durham. Reason why I only gave it 4 stars.