“Reasonably good sushi and thai options”
Review of Vine Sushi & Thai

Vine Sushi & Thai
Ranked #249 of 855 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Stopped here recently for sushi and a bento box take-out. Really a pretty solid meal - always surprised at how much food the bento boxes offer for a reasonable price, seems like more than half of it remains as leftovers any time I go that route. Reasonable prices, nice diversity of sushi offerings, and solid bento box. Would try again!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed February 21, 2018

This is a place I've visited off and on for years, and I really love the selection and variety. They've got sushi, fish dishes, chicken, tofu, salads, soups, etc. And I'm no curry professional, but the Masaman curry at Vine is lip-smacking delicious! Lunch is the best deal, in my opinion, as you can get an entrée with white or brown rice, and choice of soup or salad. (the salad dressing is great!) On my last visit, I ordered a Peanut Avocado sushi roll, and that was a strange combo, but oh so good! They've got all sorts of sushi rolls or vegetable rolls that I highly suggest trying!
As I have not been a regular patron of Vine, I can't vouch for the consistency of the food, but every time I have been, the food has been delicious, and I've cleaned my plate! Service has been helpful with menu questions, and with attentiveness. The nighttime vibe here is a bit quieter and nicer, so I wouldn't recommend bringing little kids, if you can help it. We visited once with our toddler, and could hardly enjoy the meal for trying to keep him quiet and contained!
Overall, Vine is a unique restaurant that's affordable, and one that I hope to visit more often!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

This is one of our go to places for sushi and pad Thai. Always good service and good food! Haven't ever been disappointed when we have dined here.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Having dined here twice, I'm not impressed. First time the meal was acceptable but not great. The second visit there were only patrons at two or three tables and the service was very slow. With so many choices in Durham, we've decided not to choose them again.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Was overwhelmed by the section of sushi rolls. Enjoyed spring rolls and spicy crab roll for appetizers. Since it was our first visit two appetizers was a mistake as the serving size of our mains was very generous. The decor was as pleasant surprise. Waitress was very helpful. Can't go wrong dining here.

Date of visit: June 2017