“Nice Decor, Average Food, Poor Serice!!”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 857 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located in the Streets at Southpoint Mall near the AMC Souhtpoint 17 Cinemas. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Bar Bite specials Monday thru Friday 4PM - 6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. Enjoy hour hour drink specials all day Wednesday. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Title says at all! We were seated promptly by fireplace, nice on cold day. Server appeared in reasonably time, brought beverages & bread timely. Some wait to order food. Went downhill from there! 20 minute wait for bowl of chili!! Had to flag server to get attention for this. Food finally appeared, with manager apologizing for delay. Kids mac & cheese was mostly mac, very little cheese. Wife didn't get condiments ordered with burger. Chili was bland at best. Server disappeared after food was served. No attempt from server or manager to rectify delay in service of food. Overall, poor experience, with average food & poor service!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Great food and great service from Myia. She was very attentive and pleasant. My group had a reservation for 7 people and I checked in. Three of my colleagues arrived 3 minutes after me but the hostess stated they needed a few minutes to get our table ready. After about 15 minutes I returned to the hostess to check the status of our seating. She then advised that once half of my party arrived we would be seated. I informed her that more than half of us were there and had been . Within 1 minute we were seated. We questioned if the disconnect was because of bias since I made the reservation and I am American and 4 of my colleagues are from Bangalore India. Assumed we were not together huh? So distasteful!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 29, 2018

We went here on a Saturday @ 6:30 pm during Triangle Restaurant Week. Our server was Geneva, who was awesome...very informative, patient, and energetic. She kept our water glasses filled, checked on us often, but not too much to be annoying. She explained the presentation of the foods we had questions about and made recommendations based on our preferences. She was spot on with her suggestions. I had the lobster queso (although didn't really find lobster in it, but that was ok, still good). Hubs had the salad, which was larger than expected & very fresh & good. He had the scallops & I had the prime rib. Both were done to perfection. I actually got my prime rib rare, as requested. Desserts were very good as well. we both waddled out, stuff to out gills. We probably should have taken our desserts home with us. We had a great evening & a great dinner.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2018

This steakhouse is located in an upscale shopping area in Durham. The steaks were good. The waitress we ended up with was excellent and attentive, and I feel that she took over our table out of the goodness of her heart, after passing by several times and noticing that we had not been acknowledged or waited on.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and the food is always good. Had some out of town guests and we selected Firebirds. No complaints with food or service. Nothing fancy - just solid.

Date of visit: December 2017