“Feel Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been a semi regular customer for years and on this cold Saturday evening the comfort food of Pulcinella’s was a wonderful choice. Terrific service by Harrison made us feel welcomed and was excellent. Two glasses of house Chianti went along fabulously with my delicious lasagna like the kind I had growing up in my Italian NY neighborhood. My picky wife loves the Spaghetti alla Bella Donna which is black olives, pine nuts, sautéed garlic, raisins and parmigiana cheese with virgin olive oil over pasta. She loves it. This comes with a serviceable salad but nice homemade dressing and warm Italian rolls. Simple, old school checkered table Italian food remains terrific and with all the “try too hard” restaurants popping up in the area Pulcinella’s is solid as ever. Oh the Pizza is pretty good too but ask for it to be extra charred :).

Reviewed January 2, 2018

Found this place while doing a search during my stay in Durham. Decided to give it a try. Only thing I can say, is come hungry. The portions are very large. The Zuppa di Pesce can easily feed 2 people and was delicious. Staff are very friendly and the service great. This will be a must stop on future trips to Durham for me. If you get any pasta get the Italian sausage and tomato sauce. More sausage then you can eat.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

We eat here many times and always have a large group of 10+. They are very accommodating and the food is excellent. Very large portions. Plenty of leftovers for a second meal. Service is fast and friendly.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

We have been coming here for years! One cN grab a sandwich or quick pizza for lunch or make a full meal of it at dinner. My favorite dish is the Bella Donna which has garlic, raisins, pine nuts and olive oil. Switching up the type of pasta is not a problem for them. I also love their marinara sauce and bolognese. If only I could get past those to eat the pizza, but alas, I just can not! The pizza is delish though.
The staff is all great from the very visible owner to the wait staff. We love Harrison!
This is really a family restaurant. People greet each other warmly and you can Ctually have conversations without shouting.
Go find this gem in the strip mall. I bet you will love it as much as I do!
And if you are looking for a similar plCe in northern Chapel Hill, check out the sister restaurant Magone’s! Same food, family owner.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Great inexpensive lunch in the strip mall Italian. Great service and good value. Reminds me of local pasta places in Europe.