“Ate too much - but it was worth it”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
Ranked #17 of 23 Dessert in Durham
Reviewed July 22, 2018

My wife and I enjoyed dessert at Menchie's with my daughter and new granddaughter. I thought they had lots of ice cream flavors to choose from and many, many toppings. It was a beautiful night to sit at an outside table and enjoy music from the pub next door.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

What a great and clean place. So many selections and the staff is friendly. We go there 2 to 3 times a week.

Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

Menchies has a larger variety of frozen yogurt and even some that aren't low fat. They also have a larger variety and volume of toppings

Reviewed January 2, 2017

I wasn't knocked over by the friendliness of the staff by any means, unlike some other posters. They weren't unfriendly, but I'm not sure I saw a smile from them while we were ordering/paying, and the tag line of having a smiley day that others have mentioned was altogether lacking. That said, I don't really go to a froyo spot for service.

The diversity of flavors was pretty good, and I tried a collection of different flavors. Gingerbread was a bit too strong and not very good, but the eggnog was tasty, as was the mudslide pie, cake batter, and southern pecan pie. My only complaint there would be that each flavor had a handle, but each station (2 flavors) had a mixed handle, and these largely seemed to just output a liquid. Not sure what the deal was there, but not terribly appetizing. The topping selection was pretty good, though really lacked on fresh fruit.

Overall, I prefer the froyo at Red Mango to this, though appreciated the diversity of holiday flavors.

Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

Good local yogurt shop. Not a great choice of fresh fruit and quality of yogurt borders on commercial quality candy style. But if in the area definitely worth it.