“Great Gluten Free Restaurant”

Primal Food & Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Primal Food & Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 856 Restaurants in Durham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Love that I can walk in and not need to ask for a gluten-free menu AND know that I don’t need to spend time grilling the waiter and making sure they understand the severity of the need. Food is delicious especially the stuffed French toast and the breakfast tacos. Fresh OJ and the deviled eggs are loves of others in my party. Primal accommodates when I’m on Whole 30, too; they’ve modified the breakfast tacos to be roasted potatoes with the pork and veggies, sans the cheese/sour cream, etc. Happy that I can get what I need without a huge issue. Happy eating!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We went with a family group of 10. I had the sub which was very well prepared and presented. My teenage granddaughter (Nat always a big fish person) had the red grouper and loved it. Others in our group had the steak and said it was excellent. The service was also excellent.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 15, 2018

When we arrived there were maybe two tables seated and no staff in sight. After a while a young woman came and asked us if we wanted a table then she took an inordinate time tapping on her iPad and looking around. There were two tables occupied and some people at the bar. Eventually she spoke to my husband about my service dog. She didn't speak to me - the person holding the leash- but to my husband so I asked her what she had said. Turns out she didn't know what " the law was". The law says he's allowed. This attitude is so, so wrong, and so so ignorant. Insulting, demeaning, upsetting.

We've eaten here a few times before but not for some time, it was good then. The servers were accommodating, fun. Knowledgable, not today. So we left and went to eat elsewhere.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank Leigh T
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Will never ever go back. Had a good experience first time. But, Second time, should’ve paid attention to others with similar experiences. Please take note that food is at times really good, but the management or really lack of management, and even worse, lack of concern of the lack of management, creates unique circumstances. Waiters that are rude. No manager on duty. Adding a 20% tip with absolutely service that is at best unacceptable. Waiting an hour for no explanations. Never being greeted. No smiles. Inedible deserts. Enough said.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

If I could give them less than a 1 star I would. This place is the absolute worse place I’ve ever been too! After waiting over an hour to be seated we finally got a table. Once we placed our order, it took them 1 1/2 hours to then get the food to the table and our food was very small potions and cold. Not just cold but like it just came out of a refrigerator. The waiter was very rude to us when we politely complained (I mean we are the ones paying). I will never go here again and I won’t recommend anybody waste their money on this place!

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank betsyk12345

Been to Primal Food & Spirits? Share your experiences!