“Available, clean, inexpensive”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Edenton
san francisco
“Available, clean, inexpensive”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Very basic accommodations: clean updated room, efficient staff, refrigerator & microwave, thin towels, fast & free wifi. Firm bed. The only thing available in town during a special event.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I wanted a quick inexpensive get away so we took a chance for the Super 8, as it was convenient also. I looked at the reviews and some did not seem too bad. I guess if the sheets were more than 1/18th of an inch thicker and stayed on the bed, the mattress pad covered the mattress, the towels were bigger than my kitchen dish towels and the staff did not have an 'attitude', it might have been in the running for a return trip. No thank you unless I choose to bring my own bedding and towels next time. To start off with a completely rude staff does not set the right tone. By the way, its us people who stay there who pay their salaries. We've stayed at plenty of Super 8's all across the country and this definitely was at the bottom. Next time for a little more, we'll stay at a B&B, where someone might provide the above mentioned things and appreciates your hard earned money.

Room Tip: Check online under Orbitz or Expedia.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
22 Thank Barbart49

Travellers are raving about these Edenton hotels

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2011

There were very few options for accommodations in this little town. The Super 8 and The Hampton Inn. After checking prices, we opted for the Super 8 and I am VERY satisfied with our choice. The staff were very friendly and happy to answer questions. At $65 a night, you got a clean room, micro/fridge and a great cup of coffee-plus your basic continental breakfast!! Across the street they wanted twice as much PER night! There was no pool, but we spent most of our time exploring the area, visiting the Outer Banks and seeing family. So, if all you want is a clean place to lay your head at night, the Super 8 is for YOU!

Room Tip: Two double beds (not the softest mattress), microwave, small refrigerator, standard room upstairs. J...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank the4mitchells
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I and my wife stayed there for three days. It is great, my room was clean and the quiet. I has a lot of drawer space, but the room has not much space. I was very happy for its breakfast, it was not bad. One very good thing, which was the internet service, the Wi-fi was free and fast. finally, I want to say I was very satisfied for the price I paid.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank yanpp
Louisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I called the hotel in advance to book the room for one night and they wouldn't honor the internet's $67.07 AARP rate. They did tell me that the pool was closed. I booked the room through the Super8 website and check-in was easy. The hotel is an older one and lots of construction workers were staying there. It was clean, the A/C was quiet and cold, and the black-out curtains kept the room dark. I forgot to pack toothbrushes and the front desk did not have any. The friends we were traveling with could not get a smoking room on the ground floor and their little one was very disappointed with a closed pool. I checked later and the Hampton across the street would have been $18 more. If I were going to stay more than one night I would consider an upgrade across the street.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank 123happycamper
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 17 May 2010

My family and I arrived to the Super 8 while I was in Edenton on business. My first red flag was the front desk staff- she was EXTREMELY rude, She never smiled upon our arrival - she was actually busy talking to someone else that was clearly a social aquaintance so we weren't even acknowledged. Not only did I not feel totally safe, the room was dirty, and smelled as if someone used a gallon of sanitizer on every surgface. I began to itch the second I walked in. We immediately left and went to the Hampton Inn right accross the street. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! Very nice staff, flat screen televisions, COMFY COMFY beds, and a wonderful hot breakfast. It was worth every penny of the $20 difference we spent,

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
35 Thank kkelly370
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I stay here every year or so when visiting my husbands grandmother. In the past years it has been a real dump and I was almost scared to stay there. This time the rooms were refurbished with new carpet, drapes and chairs . It isnt anything fancy but a nice affordable place to sleep. It was clean and the staff was really friendly. It looks like they have tried considerably to update the hotel and make it a nice place to stay. And It is close to beautiful downtown Edenton.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chandie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenton
0.2 km away
1.8 km away
Inner Banks Inn
Inner Banks Inn
#2 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton? Share your experiences!