Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$124
Hotels.comUS$124
FindHotelUS$124
Expedia.comUS$124
PricelineUS$124
StayForLongUS$152
All reviews front desk great place to stay outdoor pool the outer banks the hotel staff staff was very friendly and helpful in town the entire staff clean rooms parking lot nc obx accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2021

Staff very welcoming. Room was very clean, roomy and comfortable. The only negative might be the location making it difficult to pull into the parking lot across oncoming traffic since it is near an intersection. Other than that, the location is good for being near restaurants, downtown and other business locations.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed January 23, 2021 via mobile

My wife and I travel a lot and the most memorable thing about our visit here was the authentic friendliness of the entire staff, from the front desk to cleaning personnel.

Although this hotel is not as modern as other hotels we’ve stayed in recently, it was clean and comfortable and the cost was reasonable. Included breakfast was basic due to COVID restrictions but adequate. Choice of nearby restaurants is excellent.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 211hankh
Reviewed October 30, 2020

Date traveled 10/5/20 The room were pretty good, but a little tight than most places I have stayed. Went to Elizabeth city for Doctor appoint and will be regular in the future. I looked on line they had a rooms for $98.00 was late and was 120 miles back home so decided to get a room and come home the next day. Checking in was talking to young lady at desk about a senior, AARP etc discount she said they had either and thought it would reflect on my bill. While she was working on he computer I also asked about some places to eat, so guess it took her mind off the check in. Was tired and didn't check things my mistake I guess. Next morning I noticed the charge had hit my credit card more than they said online total $140.50 seems quite a difference than $98 plus tax. When I was checking out/ returning the key another lady was at the front desk very nice. I told her I hadn't received any of the senior discounts she check and said no. She said she would correct it in the computer which she did. I figured that it would be taken care of, but to date nothing has been corrected and didn't receive any adjustment on my credit card. First time in a Hampton Inn, but don't think when I go back up again in December I would pick theirs place to stay that at least gives me a discount Other than that seems to be a nice place

Room tip: check your rate and make sure your get a discount
Date of stay: October 2020
Rowena Arroza, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2020

Hello N641lPronp,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I personally apologize for the confusion you experienced with our front desk. As you noted, we do have senior rates as well as AARP discounts, and we are more than happy to provide those to our eligible guests. We are more than happy to clarify and answer any questions about your reservation via phone before your arrival so that we avoid this happening again. We hope that you will allow us a second chance to WOW you, and to provide the award winning Hamptonality that we are known for.

Please stay safe and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 27, 2020

We stayed here for one night and at the #2 TripAdvisor rated hotel in Elizabeth City the next night. Our stay was fine, yet we would not rate this property ahead of #2.

Pro's:
- Generally the usual Hampton freebies: parking, wifi, mini-fridge, and some rooms have microwaves (not ours; we borrowed a colleague's).
- Friendly staff.
- Good front desk procedures for COVID: plexiglass and masks. Staff was good about masks.

Other notes :
- The room was not as super clean as it could be, especially in these times. A little dirt or mold in bathroom grout is a bigger deal right now than otherwise.
- Like the rest of the hospitality industry, the hotel struggles with mask enforcement with guests. It's a tough situation. Hotel staff was very good about wearing masks. In our two days, E. City did not seem like a region embracing masks. The lobby was full of folks not wearing masks; we felt bad for the staff being put in that position, yet also note there was no attempt to ask guests to comply.
- Breakfast is purely grab and go items.

Nothing deal breaking here for us. We check in, and stay in our room.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank FJVLS
Reviewed August 20, 2020

Stayed here for a short trip and was sorry I didn't chose somewhere else in the area. Room was outdated; not renovated as stated. Big chip in the wall as you walked in, bathtub patched, bathtub plug old and crusty, tile and carpeting has seen better days. Left 1/4 roll of toilet paper on the holder and didn't leave a extra roll, had to ask for it. This is something that should be automatic. Didn't stock pool towels. They make a big deal about the 'Hilton CleanStay' and your safety during the pandemic. Not sure I believe our room was disinfected prior to our arrival. This is especially concerning with the pandemic. It appeared that the carpet had barely been vacuumed and there was a large black hairball laying on the bathroom floor. Did not notice until we checked out, but there was a large stain at the corner of the bedspread. Disgusting! Would not recommend nor stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2020

Hello DelawareBeachinit,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I personally apologize for multiple inconveniences caused by the housekeeping situation, and we have reviewed proper protocols with the leadership team in that department, as cleanliness is our top priority. The Hilton CleanStay program has indeed become an important part of our commitment to cleanliness, and we are embarrassed that we fell short of these standards during your stay. Please allow us another opportunity to WOW you in the future, and provide the award winning service that we are known for.