Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$85
BestWestern.comUS$89
Hotels.comUS$89
PricelineUS$89
All reviews great stay in town the breakfast area staff was very friendly desk clerk christi nc dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

As some of the reviews noted the hotel was old. True but I didn't have the same impression as others. Old but pretty well maintained. The staff was friendly and competent. The hotel offers free breakfast and coffee 24 hours a day. My room has 1 king size bed, a coffee maker, refrigerator, hair drier, iron and board and a microwave. I was very happy with my room and my stay. I liked it so much I made reservations for a return trip in February.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Scott J. L
HotelResponse_2019, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2019

Dear Scott J. L.,

Thank you for recommending our property to others via this TripAdvisor review. While our property is not new construction, we are certainly glad to hear that this did not have a negative impact on your overall experience here. We appreciate knowing that you found clean accommodations, value-adding amenities, and good service at our Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites hotel. Our team members always love hearing that a guest's expectations were met during their stay. If there's anything we can do to make your future visits more pleasant in any way, be sure to let us know what you require. We are looking forward to seeing you again in February and hope your next experience will be worthy of a 5-star overall rating.

Reviewed September 23, 2019

This location was many different hotels before the best Western plus and it still feels rather old. However, it's consistently the overall best price in Elisabeth City for my expectations.

The only problem we ran into was the first two rooms we got smelled like mildew and soft even though the air conditioners were set to cold. The ventilation in the rooms must be improved.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2019, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2019

Dear baltophotog,

Thank you for consistently choosing to stay at our property whenever your travels bring you to this part of North Carolina. We appreciate your business and your loyalty to our hotel, and are glad to have your remarks. While it's good to know that you've found our Best Western Plus Inn & Suites to offer you the best overall value of any hotel in our city, I am sorry to hear that you noted the scent of moisture within the rooms you were originally assigned to at our property. I hope that this was completely corrected by our team members and that you enjoyed the remainder of your experience here. We want for all of our guests to have a problem-free stay and will continue to work to bring any changes to our hotel that will be necessary to achieve that goal. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to earn a full 5-star rating from you during your future travels to our area.

Reviewed September 20, 2019

Hotel is old, dingy & dilapidated. Carpet is disgusting & needs to be replaced, low popcorn ceilings, dented / marked walls, gym sucks (ceiling so low you hit it when trying to lift weights over your head), breakfast is bad. I am traveling on business and they gave me a room without a desk! Then they gave me a room with a broken desk chair. Then I needed late checkout on my last day until 1 PM due to an important business call / meeting, and they only gave me until noon! What kind of "late check-out" is noon? Plus the hotel is noisy, at least on the first floor where they stuck me. Would not recommend this hotel to anybody traveling on business or pleasure.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear 539derekd,

We were saddened to learn by this TripAdvisor review of the extensive discomforts and dissatisfaction that you felt with regard to your recent visit to our property. I am deeply sorry to know that you felt our hospitality was not good, and that you were able to note so many areas within our building that you felt to be in need of improvement. This is not the type of experience that we hope for our guests to have and I sincerely apologize to you. Your feedback will be addressed with our management staff, as well as with our on-site and franchise team members. I hope you'll choose to give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future, as it would be our pleasure to show you that this stay was an exception.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

This was the only hotel that was available for us. The staff was very nice. However our room smelled like mildew so bad and the air conditioner hardly worked at all. I told the front desk and they said there was no other rooms available. They then told me that the technician would come out to fix it but it wouldn’t be today. She then gave me a bottle of cleaner to spray in the air conditioning and on the floors to get rid of the odor.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2019, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear smiller253,

We appreciated having the opportunity to welcome you to our property, and we're glad to learn from this online review that you found our team members to be hospitable in their service. I am terribly saddened, though, to know of the discomforts that you faced while you were our guest. I'm glad that our staff did try to correct the issue and I hope that the neutralizing spray helped you feel more comfortable. We certainly will look to work to ensure that our future guests are not disturbed by this type of problem and hope you'll choose to give us another opportunity to serve you. Our team members would love to see you again and hope your next visit here will be worthy of a full 5-star rating.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

We stopped here over night going to North Carolina. We got the suite that fits six. The pull out couch was a disaster and had no sheets. Went to the front desk for sheets. None were available. Had to wait until way after midnight to finally get some. They also had a spider issue. Worse experience I’ve ever had at an hotel. Breakfast sucked also! I would stay far away from this place.

Date of stay: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2019, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Dear dwekarski71,

We are deeply saddened to know that your experience at our hotel was not a good one. Thank you for reaching out to us following your stay via this online review and other mediums to let us know about the things that could have gone better during your time here. I sincerely apologize for all of the troubles that you faced while you were our guest and assure you that this is not the type of experience that we hope to offer to any of the travelers who stay here. I hope you'll choose to give our property another chance to serve you in the future so that we may show you that this visit was an exception. Our team would love to be able to welcome you back.