Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$105
BestWestern.comUS$89
Hotels.comUS$89
FindHotelUS$89
getaroom.comUS$105
All reviews great stay in town the breakfast area staff was very friendly desk clerk christi nc dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2020

Employee not Wearing Mask and roaming on Hallway - No front desk employee at 7AM for 15 Minutes - Very bad Breakfast - Shower Pressure - Water not draining properly on Bath Tub - Bad Order - Air-conditioning not cleaned - Dirt on Machine - Not following Covid - 19 CDC guidance - and Local Health department regulation - Terrible Hotel - don't visit this hotel - You are risking your health - Not a Best Western Plus Standard Hotel

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank dhariafr
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2020

Dear dhariafr,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my direct attention via this online review, as well as through the internal property survey response that you made. I hope you received my private email, expressing my apologies for the dissatisfaction that you felt with regard to the experience you had at our hotel. We always want to uphold the high quality standards that have been set by our brand and I am deeply sorry to know that there was so much about your stay that you were not comfortable with. Further, I offer my apologies, again, that our staff was not able to work to ensure that the issues you have noted were addressed while you were checked in. We would never want for a guest to have such a negative experience here, as it's our goal to make certain that you find well-appointed accommodations, prompt service, and a welcoming environment at our property. I do hope that you'll be willing to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future, as our entire team would love to be able to work to earn your loyalty back by offering you a completely satisfactory stay.

Ronnie Patel

Reviewed September 8, 2020

The rooms - and I say rooms plural because we had 3 rooms, smelled mold & musty. The smell of drugs in the third floor was enough to get you a contact high. Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. It was grossly over priced for the location!!! I would not waste my money!

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Eric N Leslie L
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2020

Dear Eric N Leslie L.,

We appreciate that you've made the time to reach out to our team members via this TripAdvisor review, though we are deeply saddened to know about the extremely negative experience you had at our property. I apologize for the discomforts and dissatisfaction that you felt while you were our guest, as well as for the fact that we were not able to work to address any of the issues that you noted within this review while you were checked in. I have thoroughly gone over your remarks with all of our staff so that we can work to ensure that future guests do not find these troubles and I assure you that your complete satisfaction will always be our goal. We would love to have the opportunity to work to earn your loyalty back to our brand and our hotel and hope you'll choose to give us the chance to have you back here for a much more pleasant experience.

Ronnie Patel

Reviewed August 9, 2020 via mobile

We have stayed here for 5 years every August. This is the last year we will be doing so.
During a pandemic- the hotel allowed a party in the 3rd floor suite and parking lot.
It surpassed the restrictions of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
People were intoxicated and driving their vehicles out of the parking lot- since they were party attendees and not paying guests.
The party continued until 4:30am - the front desk stopped answering the calls of complaint.
We are very disappointed in the handling of this situation during a pandemic.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2020

Dear TaraJessicaMcD,

We appreciate the loyalty that you've shown to our property during your visits to this area. I hope that your stays here, with the exclusion of this one, were all satisfactory. I am terribly sorry to know that your experience this year was marred by the fact that another guest chose to behave in an inappropriate manner while you were here. I did look into this with our team member who was on duty and she said that she called the police to assist her with dispersing the crowd as soon as she was made aware of the party. I sincerely apologize for the fact that this occurred and assure you this is not how we hope to operate. Your feedback is very important to us and I hope you'll change your mind and give us another chance to welcome you here in the future. We'd love to have you back for a much better overall experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2020

This hotel looks nice, but that really isn't the case. As soon as you got in the elevator it smelled like marijuana. The hallway carpet looked like something out of a bowling alley having a black light party in the 80's. The hallway also smelled of marijuana. The room was pretty small for a king suite. The couch was rock hard and no coffee table. Not that there was room for one. There was food that was over a week old left in the fridge, along with a cigarette pack. The toilet clogged for no reason and when the front desk was called about that and the old food, it took over 10 minutes for anyone to answer the phone. They did send someone to the room and the toilet was a simple fix and the food was removed. The woman seemed frustrated at first, but was nice in the end. The bed was decently comfortable and the AC was cold. The bathroom was very cramped! You had to turn sideways to open the door to get out without backing up into the toilet. Someone was having a party with fireworks in the parking lot the night I was there which was kind of frustrating since the 4th of July was weeks ago. Over all, this was not worth the price of the room.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank TW379
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2020

Dear TW379,

We value your feedback and are glad to have it, though our entire team was saddened to learn about the extensive disappointment you felt with regard to your visit to our property. I sincerely apologize for the fact that your guest room was not properly cleaned and inspected prior to your arrival. Further, I'm sorry for the tense mood of the team member who responded to your complaint regarding the toilet being clogged. Finally, I offer my apologies for the discomforts that you encountered during your stay due to the behavior choices of other travelers staying at our hotel. I do hope that you rested well while you were here and I assure you that this is not the type of stay we would hope for any guest to have. If you'd like for me to research your particular visit here in further detail, please feel free to reach out to me directly at your convenience at (252) 331-7751 . I would love to hear from you and hope you'll choose to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. It would be great to have the chance to welcome you back for a much better overall experience.

Reviewed July 3, 2020 via mobile

Do not stay here. It smells horrible. Pool was green. Towels had stains. Our room didn’t have a shower curtain, which I didn’t mind because I don’t think I would want a shower curtain from here to touch me.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel Response, Owner at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2020

Dear Nicole S.,

I hope that your overall visit to the Elizabeth City, NC area went well and I appreciate that you made the time to bring your concerns to my attention via this online review following your stay here. Thank you for choosing to be our guest, though we are deeply sorry to learn of the disappointment that you felt with regard to the experience you had at our property. I apologize for the discomforts that you felt with regard to the maintenance and cleanliness you found at our hotel. Further, I'm sorry that we could not work to ensure your comfort while you were our guest. If you'd like to discuss anything about your experience here in any further detail, please feel free to reach out to me directly at your convenience at (252) 331-7751 . I will go over all of your remarks from this review with our staff and I hope you'll choose to give us the opportunity to work to earn your loyalty back to our hotel in the future.