Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews delicious breakfast southern charm house is beautiful appointed rooms period antiques wonderful stay business trip mel community bnb
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the Foreman house for three nights. Denise is absolutely lovely and truly goes above and beyond for her guests. We woke to a tray of coffee every morning delivered to our room and breakfast was wonderful. Denise is great about visiting but also giving a person space when they want it. Every evening we had a snack tray waiting on us after a day at the beach. I truly enjoyed the rest and relaxation at the foreman house. I highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a relaxing place to stay within an hour drive from the beach.

Denise also makes the best coffee!!!

The website on this page is not correct make sure you book with the correct website

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2021

I was in Elizabeth City for a short business trip and found this charming Bed and Breakfast. The owner, Denise has seen to every detail, and she spent a lot of time with the guests. Very nice and well appointed rooms, with period antiques, a great charcuterie board and a VERY delicious breakfast. I will surely return for my next trip.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank John F
Reviewed March 19, 2021

Denise is a superhost at the next level. She is an amazing person who goes over and beyond the call of duty to make you feel special and right at home. The house is warm and inviting. Music is playing when you arrive and in the morning to start your day. The gestures to make sure you know how everything works and Denise is available should you have any questions. Its the type of stay that I probably will not stay at another place in town other than this one. Great Private parking, immaculate rooms, snacks provided, water, soda etc. Breakfast in the morning is just amazing. Its a way to start your day and even makes you forget that you are on a business trip.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed December 1, 2020

Let me tell you about the fabulous Denise and the beautiful Foreman House.

This past Friday, my husband and I went to check into an AirBnB apartment to have our stuff ready to go for our wedding night that Saturday. Upon our arrival, we knew the place was not suitable for decent people to stay. I was distraught that after months of planning, we had no where to go for our wedding night. My husband (fiancee at the time) was disgusted with the situation.

My parents have the Culpepper Inn which tries to refer people to other local BnBs when they are fully booked. They had originally recommended that my husband's extended family stay at the Foreman House BnB, but when COVID regulations began to get stricter, they were not able to join us for our special day. So, when our AirBnb apartment fell through one day before our wedding, my parents thought we could give the Foreman House a call to see if the had a room for us on our wedding night.

Denise answered the phone, listened to our tale, and immediately sprang to making everything better! We told her we would be arriving by horse and carriage in the later evening straight after our reception, and she allowed a groomsmen to come early and drop off our vehicle with our bags so that it was all waiting when we arrived. She even offered to mow her lawn to ensure the grass was looking nice (after days of rain and humidity) to ensure any photos we had taken looked fantastic!

We arrived covered in fake snow (after having that thrown by our guest as we left our reception), and she welcomed us into her beautiful home. We had a card and small gift in our room to congratulate us upon our arrival, and she was just so kind as she gave us a tour. The room was immaculate, beautiful, and was all we ever wanted for our first night as husband and wife.

Denise, thank you for making a frustrating situation more wonderful than we ever imagined. Your place is gorgeous, and I am so glad you have joined our community. Our wedding night was perfect with your hospitality. Thank you!

P.S. Your coffee is also phenomenal!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed November 15, 2020

The house is lovely, and I enjoyed all the surprises tucked into places. The innkeeper is just as gracious and hospitable as you could hope for. My room was comfortable and large with a clean bathroom. My breakfast was cooked to my order, which is not easy to do. Parking was easy for me, but could be tight when the inn is busier.

The internet seemed to work fine, though the ROKU box struggled. I usually watch tv on my own devices anyway, but I guess that would be a fair complaint to make.

For my trip, which was exhausting, I can't imagine feeling better cared for. I hope to return some time.

Date of stay: November 2020