“Enjoyed our stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Elon B&B and Inns
Paoli, PA
“Enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Acorn Inn. Our suite was lovely and the bath tub was luxurious! Breakfast in the morn was very good and the front porch is beautiful. We really enjoyed the Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KHencken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Our son recently transferred to Elon and this was our first visit since the move in. We have always stayed at the big chain hotels but none are convenient to the Elon Campus. The Acorn Inn is a fine addition to one of the most beautiful campuses in America. We stayed 3 nights and the experience could not have been better. The staff helped with dinner reservations, directions to shopping and were always available when we needed something. We especially enjoyed the family atmosphere at breakfast and the waffles are a must. Lots of good coffee and fruit as well. We booked a return trip for April!!! We HIGHLY recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cme4golf
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Having stayed at various "Chain" motels...we bumped into the Acorn Inn at Elon, NC. Our son was being recruited for a sports scholarship and the coaches at Elon University specifically recommended the Acorn In.. They were right and we haven't been disappointed yet...ever! We have stayed in the most quiet, relaxing, and friendly B&B we ever have visited and we have now stayed there over 20 times and it only gets better. We even stop at the Acorn when we travel south on vacation. The Acorn Inn makes the visit to a great college even better. Elon was chosen as the "#2 prettiest campus in the US"...and that should include the beauty and quality of a stay at the Acorn Inn. It has 12 rooms (like a B&B) so book your reservations early...plan for the greatest graduation experience ever if you stay at the Acorn!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tigasc84
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 February 2011

The mangement treats you like it is a privilege to be allowed to stay here. Trust me it was not.
On the other hand, Burke Manor, just up the road from Elon, was fantastic.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TFB3
MBrown0271, Owner at The Acorn Inn of Elon, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
I'm really sorry we made you feel that way, it was not our intent as the privilidge is ours when a guest chooses to stay with us. If you would be willing to send me an email to describe the incident in detail I would appreciate it. I am also willing to offer you a discount if you choose to give us another chance and as thanks for bringing this to my attention.
'Sincerely,
Mike Brown
mbrown@acorninnelon.com
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Ok I admit it is nice to be in walking distance of where my daughter lives on campus. But it is way too small and the service was not that great. The staff seem to lack in professional attitude. When I asked a question about extending my check out time they had to call the owner. The owner should hire people he can trust to make on the spot decisions. Also I thought that the breakfast was not so great. Generic or plain is a better way to describe it. Dont stay here for any other reason except the location. They charge a very large sum for hotel shuttle service and the peron who offered had a little toyota with not much room. I took a shuttle service instead.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
I'm sorry the size of our suites did not meet your expectations. With a sitting room in the front and a bedroom in the rear with a king size bed and a nice size bath with a jacuzzi style tub most of our guests find them to be a step above a normal hotel room.

I'm sorry one of our staff was not able to give our Late Check Out Policy to you. We do make late checkouts available when we can, up until 12pm is no charge and anything after 12pm and up until 2pm is $20.

Breakfast consists of bagels, english muffins, raisin bread, fresh cut fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, pastries, honey buns and danish, waffles on the weekends, cereal, oatmeal, breakfast bars, fresh ground fairtrade organic coffee, various teas and four types of juice and occassionally a nice stolen. I'm not sure if maybe a couple of these items were missing but guests usually find something they like and are pleased.

So far as the shuttle service we charge well below the cab rates and have only used a Toyota Camry or Avalon in the event our Mercedes was in the shop or on another run. Cabs run $100 plus to rdu airport (100+ mile round trip) and we charge $65 for an in-house guest, its impossible to put a car and driver on the road for any less.

If you are willing to give us another chance I will gladly offer you a discount off your next visit.
Thank you for bringing the policy issue to my attention.

Mike Brown
mbrown@acorninnelon.com
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 6 April 2010

The location is right next to Elon University, which is great. However this is a full priced inn with a discount mentality. There is no attendant in the evening, so you pick up a key and find your way to the room. The shower curtain and shower head holder were broken in the bathroom. The pull-out bed was not made even though they knew we had three people using the room (and paid extra for the third); I had to make the bed myself. The living room was small, so opening the bed meant you couldn't move in the room. The TV was undersized, maybe 21 inches. The website advertised a breakfast with homemade waffles, but it turns out that's only on weekends. The weekday breakfast was not great, very basic.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank steve2389
LAXTAXI
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I am touring colleges with my 17 year old daughter. I try to find rooms with separate sleeping quarters whenever possible. I found Acorn Inn on line. It described suites. The second bed is a pullout. I called and asked whether it was an actual bed or a cheap, uncomfortable "sofabed." I was told that these were high quality beds that were very comfortable for adults. when we arrived I was very disappointed - the pullout was a thin mattress with visible lumps and springs. I have attached pictures of the bed.

This room would have been ok for a single person or a couple who shares a bed. Otherwise, this place is not what it is advertised to be. I could live with the fake electric fireplace and the old school 20" tv, I liked the fast free wireless connection and the place was very very clean, but do not come here needing a second bed.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Downeastah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elon
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington
Best Western Plus Burlington
Best Western Plus Burlington
#5 of 15 in Burlington
3.9 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)
4.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
5.1 km away
Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Burlington
Courtyard Burlington
#4 of 15 in Burlington

Been to The Acorn Inn of Elon? Share your experiences!