“Excellent Service”

Islander Hotel & Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emerald Isle
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Kelly at the front desk was wonderful with help for my family and changing some scheduling. I really appreciated her attentive service. Our room in the new wing was clean and spacious. Kids enjoyed the pool and ocean is just a short walk from the room.

Room Tip: New Wing If Possible
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
crown3722, Owner at Islander Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made such a positive impact on your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms and the fun activities right outside your door. We hope you'll come stay with us again the next time you visit Emerald Isle! Barry Eagle, Owner

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely reception area and extremely nice staff. The gentleman that checked us in was very pleasant and warm. The reception area was beautiful, nicely updated and lead me to believe the rooms would be as nice. When we asked the price for the room for 1 night, there was a bit of shock when he stated 189.00 but based upon the check in area, we thought the rooms would be nice so it may be somewhat worth it. Once we arrived in out room, the disappointment began. The room was very outdated compared to the lobby. The furniture was old, the room had a smell and just all around not at all worth the money.There was absolutely nothing spectacular about the room, and most definitely not worth what we paid. I have stayed at cheaper places with better rooms on the beach with way more to offer. There was a small coffee pot in the room, with 4 cups, 3 coffee packets, and 2 sets of cream and sugar packets. What if there had been 4 people wanting coffee? I thought was poorly thought out. I was also very disappointed that this place did not offer complimentary breakfast! That was a shock, especially for the price!! The only positive I can say about The Islander is that the staff was very pleasant, other than that, I literally have nothing nice to say. Emerald Isle is a beautiful place to visit. I have been before and will be back a lot as my son is stationed at the Marine base near by but I will NOT return to stay at the Islander.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased to hear that our staff and service made such a positive impact on your stay. However, I'm very disappointed to hear that your experience with our facility and amenities did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of updating some of our outdated rooms and have ordered new furniture that should be coming in soon. If you would like to let us know what room you stayed in, we can use that information to expedite the process. I apologize for any inconveniences you faced during your stay and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Barry Eagle, Owner

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We simply love this place. A go to for a short or long stay. Great facilities nice rooms. Great access to beach. Great access to local restaurants and shopping. Nice pool area with bar. We have stayed there 4 or 5 times. We will go back.

Room Tip: check out the website. a variety are available. Only two floors.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
crown3722, Owner at Islander Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so happy that time and time again we have been able to meet your expectations and give you a wonderful place to stay while on a beach vacation. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again in the future! Barry Eagle, Owner

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a room for one Saturday night stay. The room was clean and a nice size. There was a new tv in the bedroom area but the old one was dangling above the new one. It looked like new carpet and new paint. But you couldn't change the channel without trying at least a dozen times. The shower hadn't been remodeled and you had to stand in two inches of water because it wouldn't drain. The view out the window was a trailer park. The pool was average and the beach was crowded. For over $200 a night it is way overpriced. There are no good restaurants anywhere around. It was so disappointing. And good luck if you would like to do some shopping. There is none . Our first trip to Emerald Isle. We will not be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
crown3722, Owner at Islander Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad that the size and cleanliness of your room met your expectations. However, I am greatly apologetic that your overall experience with us was not positive. I have contacted the manager and asked her to look into some of the issues you described, such as the shower and the television. Again, I'm sorry that our hotel was not consistent with what you were looking for. Barry Eagle

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We had asked for a handicap accessible room due to limited mobility and the need for grab bars in the tub/shower. We were shocked at what we found inside: mold/mildew on the bathroom wall under the one lonely hook for hanging towels; a very rusted towel shelf above the toilet that had three out of four screws that had pulled themselves out of the wall (dangerous!); two missing/burned out light bulbs in the bathroom; two more burned out above the counter in the so-called kitchenette which was equipped with one small bar of soap, a hand towel, but no dishes, cutlery, etc.The tub/shower did have grab bars though they were thoughtlessly positioned for getting OUT of the tub. The bedroom area had a dehumidifier in addition to an old traditional AC unit, not a good sign. The drain hose from the dehumidifier appeared to be connected to the wall for outside draining, but the unit kept shutting itself off because the water was filling the "bucket" instead of going out through the drain hose. Not surprising when we noticed that the water would have to run uphill to go out through the drain hose, duh. Meanwhile, the humidity in the room was such that everything was damp and sticky. The water that came out of the shower head in the bathroom felt slimy, as if someone had gone overboard on the water softening. The horrible odor in the room was the last straw: it smelled of mold/mildew with a strong undertone of urine (from pets?). The whole room looked like it had not been painted or had basic maintenance in YEARS. I used a paper towel to wipe up some spilled water from the bathroom floor, and discovered that the floor was unbelievably filthy. All of the above was unlike anything I had ever seen or experienced before.

1  Thank zenobia s

Thank you for your review. I am deeply disappointed hearing about the experience you had while staying with us as I want all of our guests to have a great experience. I have spoken to our team concerning proper cleaning and ensuring our rooms are inspected and I have asked our maintenance team to address the shower water and dehumidifier, as well as the rust. I will be speaking with management about the overall issues you experienced with your room so they can make sure that it is taken care of. I appreciate you bringing all of this to my attention. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your stay in detail so we might be able to offer some concessions. Again, I appreciate your review and we will use this as a tool to improve our services and amenities. Barry Eagle, 910-509-1707

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This hotel was cute. Staff was great. We were housed in the new part of the establishment as the older part with the oceanfront rooms had all been booked (we were told those were actually condos). Our room still had that new smell & was strikingly clean - a real pleasure - and the view was 'oceanview', and, indeed, you could see the ocean from the balcony. However, two suggestions. We were just there one night and had asked about a late checkout - would have even paid something toward it - & assumed it would not be a problem since there was basically no one staying in the new section. We were told that the latest they could accommodate us would be noon - an hour past the regular checkout. We were a bit irked they couldn't be more accommodating considering the scarcity of guests. Second suggestion. Throw a scatter rug or something at the doorway for feet to be wiped on. The wood floors are lovely, but a small rug or two would have been appreciated. And, on a last note, the beach here was truly magnificent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
crown3722, Owner at Islander Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased to hear that your overall experience while staying with us was a positive one. I appreciate your feedback about the late check out, as well as a potential door mat, and will be contacting the manager to address these suggestions. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Emerald Isle. Barry Eagle, Owner

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I work 2 full time job, so needless to say I work hard. therefore when I take off I want to relax and enjoy. Last week I headed to N.C for vaca. planned on hitting the beach somewhere just wasn't sure where. based on the weather forecast we chose Emerald Isle. So I got online and started looking for places to stay found the Islander and booked it. What a great choice it was! The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful, (my daughter and I really enjoyed the hammocks) the cabanas are such a nice touch to the pool. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We're so happy that we were able to accommodate you and give you the vacation you needed and deserved. We look forward to seeing you again as well! Barry Eagle, Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emerald Isle
25.6 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
25 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
27.5 km away
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to Islander Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!