“comfortable adequate stay”

Clarion Inn Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This hotel provides a comfortable clean stay. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. There is an indoor pool and whirlpool. There is complimentary coffee until 9:30 am but no complimentary breakfast--amazing how dependent we have become on hotels to feed us in the morning! There is not elevator so if stairs are a challenge best to request a first floor room. If you are headed to the airport the hotel is convenient and provides a shuttle. It is also close to the Ag Center. There wasn't anything great about the hotel, nor was there anything to really complain about.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pawley

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were a part of a wedding party and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable; the staff was friendly and helpful; and the hospitality room was super! It was a great place for friends, old and new, to celebrate. Will recommend Clarion Inn, Fletcher to any one travelling to Asheville.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank coffeeplus
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I had read the previous reviews and was suprised by the vast difference in opinions. After staying here for a week, I now understand. This hotel is very inconsistent. For example, some days housekeeping did a great job, other days horrible. Some days I got clean towels, some days they left stained towels, and some days they left less towels than they took. Some days they took out the trash, other days they did not. When I made my reservation, the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. During my stay they were mostly apathetic and unhelpful. For the price, I'd expect more.

The pros: Lots of restuarants nearby, convenient to interstate and airport, quiet, areas to walk dogs if you travel with pets, very friendly over the phone, free internet

The cons: Very outdated/worn interior, front desk staff unfriendly, cleanliness was questionable depending on the day, no elevator

For the price they charge, I'd head on down the road and look at other options at this exit as there are several other options. It wasn't horrible, but the questionable cleanliness and unfriendly (bordering on rude) desk staff made the stay less than enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelsWithRedDogs
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This hotel is clean,the people are friendly, and it's close to the airport. It is also a great price. We visit Asheville quite a bit and this will definitely be our go to hotel for the airport. Oh, they also have a shuttle.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joviana77
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had just enough hours at the Asheville airport that we wanted a hotel with a nice ambience, but the main priority was a good bed since we had to get up at 4am to make our flight.
We were not disappointed. The bed was excellent. The room was spacious and the grounds were pleasant with both an indoor-outdoor pool.
Shortest distance to the airport--less than 5 minutes--yet it was very quiet.
It was also walking distance to some nice restaurants--this lodging was an all around winner even though the interior is a bit worn

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 21 July 2011

When I booked the Clarion Inn Airport (Fletcher,NC) where I spent the last Jily 10 to 11 with my friend Ann, I did through my best airlines company, Continental, however, the website make you think that breafast is included (continental.com then after buy the ticket you pick the hotel, same time, same website). I was mad because I always pick my hotel with breafast and normally I get one of the Hilton, the Hampton Inn.
I know was my mistake because I stayed before in this hotel in Miami and they had breakfast. They don't offer and the buffet is not every day but they take you in their Van to the other places nearby.
The hotel is ok.
If you see this kind of information be aware that is not included the breafas (and they blend things that are free with other that they charge:

"The Clarion Inn Airport is located approximately a quarter-mile from Asheville Regional Airport and three miles from Blue Ridge Parkway. This location is also 10 miles from Biltmore Estate, 12 miles from downtown Hendersonville, and 25 miles from Chimney Rock Park. Hotel amenities include the seasonal outdoor pool, year-round heated indoor pool, exercise room, business center, Christy's Cafe, and Hangar Nightclub. The hotel also offers room service, and a full hot breakfast buffet which includes fresh scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, biscuits made from scratch and gravy, hot spiced cinnamon apples, sliced fresh fruit (pineapple, melon, etc.), whole fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries and more. Valet laundry service, laundry facilities, and free parking. P All rooms feature satellite TV, in-room movies, coffeemakers, hairdryers, high-speed Internet access, free local calls, individual climate controls, irons and ironing boards, voicemail, and work desks."

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Houston_TxFriend
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I was UNDERWHELMED by this hotel. From the dark, dank conference rooms with no windows and halogen lights to the smell of urine that emanated throughout the same conference room, I was disgusted. Add to that the fact that my catering orders were never, correctly fulfilled throughout the entire four days of the conference. There are two floors in the hotel and no elevator within the property. So, on a positive note, after hauling my luggage up the stairs, I definitely got my workout for the day. However, since there were no signs to get from the room to the conference room, I couldn't find my around the property without massive effort. All in all, this was a hotel that, despite the low price, was not worth the cost. I guess you do get what you pay for!

Room Tip: stay on first floor because there is no elevator