“Nice Hotel For Pet Owners”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I often stay at this Comfort Inn when I am traveling in the area with my pets. They graciously set a two rooms aside on the first and third floors especially for those traveling with pets. While the hotel could certainly use some updating and better upkeep (broken elevator button, etc...), it is clean and efficient with a pleasant and helpful desk staff. They will certainly see me again when I stay in Franklin with my "little ones."

Room Tip: They have very limited room for pets, so be sure to reserve one if needed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
GMNC373, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for your tripadvisor review, we have dedicated 4 rooms for pets at our location
these rooms are really popular so please call us in advance for these rooms. Thanks for the review. We are currently installing flat screen televisions as we speak. In the coming months we will have a brand new remodeled hotel

Reviewed 26 November 2011

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night of our 4 night vacation! We booked non-smoking rooms, but the moment we got off the elevator on the third floor to go to our room I had to cover my nose because of the horrible smell of smoke. We booked joining rooms and one of them was a handicap room which none of us are the shower in that room was horrible and in the bathroom there was nowhere to place any of our toiletries. The beds were itchy and we ended up using are own sheets and blankets. In the other room the shower had holes in it and the water never got hot. The refrigerator was broken and made a horrible noise all night. The TV in one of the rooms did not work. The pool was not heated and the hot tub did not work. Trying to check out early we called the front desk to ask what time check out was only to have the clerk yelling into the phone that we have to dial 9 to call out and then hang up on us. After check out I checked my bank statement to find that they were charging us 202 twice when we only stayed one night. I went back in to ask the clerk about it, she was very rude and got in my face and then while I was trying to talk to her about this she just kept being rude. I will NEVER stay here again and would NOT recommend it to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
GMNC373, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Thank you for your review, Im sorry you didnt like your rooms on the 3rd floor, our 3rd floor is partially smoking and non smokling. If you had come to us and told her about your smoking preference I am sure we could have accomodated 2 rooms on a totally non smoking floor. Our pool is heated all the time. It is kept at 80 degrees per county requirements. For all tripadvisor readers please real all reviews about our hotel. The good review outweigh the bad. Also this reviewer only has 1 review. Just something to think about. Thanks GM.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

We loved it at the Comfort Inn in Franklin NC we were close to walmart and places to eat also it is quiet little town not much to do but go hiking, fishing , swimming, and gem mineing but it is beautful and i would love to go back there sometime my wife and my son and I came to the comfort inn for a weekend and it was so fun not only out of the hotel but in it also my son had a blast swimming in there pool. and the beds were comfortible and the room smeled gerat as if the housekeeper was in it cleaning it it had new carpet and fee wifi also when we checked in the front desk clurck was very sweet she helped us to a nice resterant and was very nice to my son he seamed to like it there also when we came to check in the girl at the front desk was very bussy but she was very fast and she got everyone that was standing there in to there rooms very quickly . I would love to come back to Franklin NC sometime soon and i will stay at the Comfort INN for sure it was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank brent w

Thanks for the positive review
GM

Reviewed 1 November 2011

my family and I stayed at the comfort inn it was the best that i have stayed in in a while the staff was very nice and helpful she gave us good place to eat and was very nice about it she made us a map and everything she was sweet to ower baby and she helped us with what ever we needed and you could tell hat she liked her job and that she was fomiller with the area i like that there is some one there that is not lost when you ask them were to find something . was

• Stayed: September 2011
GMNC373, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Thanks for the review

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stopped in for a night on a detour through the mountains on the way back from Atlanta. We arrived without reservations around dinner, we're well treated by the front desk clerk, checked into our rooms, and sent out with several good dinner recommendations. While this property is a bit older than the one we stayed at in GA last week, it is still well maintained and run. It met all of my expectations for a mid-range corporate chain hotel in a tourist area. We normally stay at inns and B&B's when traveling in this area, but we needed 3 rooms and none of them could accommodate our needs this trip. I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank matt5217
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My stay was 10/21/11. I was not impressed. I checked in around 6 pm with a reservation and was told to wait to see if they had the room ready. Front desk attendant not very friendly or personable. I was very dissatisfied to find that it is a pet friendly hotel because the Choice Privileges website says they don't accept pets. Nothing against folks that want to take their pets with them, but I have had a bad experience with pet friendly hotels smelling like wet dogs on the linens. Anyway, I never book pet friendly hotels. By the time I found out this was pet friendly, it was too late to find other accomodations. I was given a handicap room which I did not request. I don't know how someone handicapped could have gotten in that tub, but nevertheless it had all the hand rails, etc. That would have been okay, but the shower was only the hand held kind & not much of a shower at that. The bathroom was large but no vanity at all to put all your stuff. Only a sink. Definitely not the kind of room I was expecting & I heard they were booked when I checked in so I didn't even bother to try to change rooms. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dixiehdrider
GMNC373, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Thanks for the review
October is our busiest time of the year all hotels in the region are very pricey and are more pricey on the weekends. We are a seasonal business so our prices do reflect. When a customer books online at choice hotels and picks a handicap room that is what they reserved.
The hotel only goes by what the guest books. To me, credibility of a tripadvisor review is linked to how many reviews the poster has. More postings perhaps means a broader hotel experience than someone who has just a few experiences.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

When planning a trip to go gem mining in a small, rural town in the mountains of North Carolina you just don't know what to expect and I was most concerned about finding a good hotel - I thought it may be so far from civilization I'd be stuck in some little hunting cabin with spiders in it!

I will say I found the town, the people and this hotel all great - there's a Walmart and grocery store and several fast food places right by this hotel, and every person we met were very pleasant and friendly. This hotel was a short drive to the Mason Mountain Mine & Cowee Gift Shop that we went gem mining at every day, and it was close to the business district of Franklin and the main highways.

The staff were all very efficient and competent but could use just a little training in being more gracious...you know the whole "ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen" attitude that hotel staff everywhere should adopt? Instead of short yes or no answers, management should train them to chat and smile just a bit more.

The hotel itself was pretty clean and modern and our smoking room I got for my husband did not "reek" at all - the smoking area had more of a smoky wood smell then any dirty ashtray smell...they obviously keep the hotel clean and the air filtering system up because I have smelled stinky hotels before and this wasn't one of them. Die hard militant non-smokers will of course hate this or any hotel with smoking rooms, but I don't smoke and found it fine.

There is almost no internet/data service in this mountain area and often no cell service, so the fact this hotel had wi-fi was great so at the end of the day we could check our emails and go online. The lobby and public areas are clean and well-lit and there was a nice seperate room for the breakfast.

I was so glad to have a decent hotel that I found our 4-day stay here very good, but here are a few things I found needing improvement besides the staff training mentioned above:
1. No bananas on the breakfast bar - really not many people eat whole apples or peaches for breakfast. It was great for my husband that they had eggs and sausage, but as a vegetarian/healthy eater I only had a couple things I could eat so I missed bananas.
2. They need to improve the in-room and breakfast bar coffee - in this day and age of Starbucks addicts most businesses are vamping up their coffee quality. The coffee at this hotel was really bland and watery so I had to stop at McDonald's every morning for good coffee.
3. The bath towels were TINY!!! Unless you're an anorexic Hollywood starlet, you will find these tiny towels don't wrap around you and they're not very soft either.

Other than that though, the overall stay was very acceptable and I would stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a king suite and it was very roomy for our 4-day stay.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank manchulu

Thanks for your review
We appreciate comments and will do our best to serve guest needs everyday
Thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
4.0 km away
17.8 km away
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
24.1 km away
#3 of 6 in Sylva

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!