All reviews bathroom window fridge and microwave free continental breakfast comfortable room gem mining tv
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Please avoid.
No bath tubs,bugs over the floor and smoke holes in the bedsheet.smelling smoke un nin smoking room.please avoid.they market as 2.5 stars in hot wire but it is 1 star.not a good experience.please avoid

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank 571subhajitb
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a couple nights on a fall vacation. Staff were helpful and friendly. Microwave and refrigerator in room. Free continental breakfast. Clean, comfortable room. Would definitely stay here again. A real bargain for what you get.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Staying here tonight while working in town. It is a older place but one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. (I stay in hotels for work every week). The staff are very nice and helpful. There are no fancy this or that, but like I said it is very clean and quiet. If you must have coffee in the morning you might want to bring your own pot with you. However they do have it available on the office for breakfast they have a few smoking rooms available but you need to make your reservation to ensure you get one. This is my new go to place to stay when I am working in the area.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2017

We needed to find a reasonably priced motel in the area of totality. My wife found this on line. The hotel was well located, and we paid about $56 per night including taxes, but we made this reservation before the big rush of eclipse tourists. The room price was a lot higher for the folks who reserved later. The hotel was old, and run down in many areas and in need of a serious update. The bed was particularly comfortable, and the room spacious. The fridge and microwave in the room were also helpful. Another problem was the walls separating the rooms were very thin, and you could hear people in the next room when they were talking to each other.

Room tip: Try to stay at the end of the hotel so you only have one room next to you. This will minimize the problems created by the thin walls.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2017

My wife and I stayed here for one night recently as we were doing a dinner train excursion in Bryson City and did not want to drive all the way back to Atlanta afterwards. For the average published rate shown here on Trip Advisor -- $49 -- I would have said it was a very acceptable price for a basic, comfortable room. However, as this was the solar eclipse weekend, the property had jacked their prices up quite a bit. I think we paid about $94, and we were not even there for the eclipse. This is not a $94/night hotel, but I suppose business is business. However it did leave an unpleasant "taste."
Oh, and if it's important to you to have a pool, keep on going. They have filled theirs in and have actually set up a garden bed in it -- kind of amusing and wish I had taken a photo.

Room tip: The rooms "up the hill" are away from the highway and road noise.
Date of stay: August 2017