“They screwed up our orer big time and we waited well over 45 mnutes beyond what we were told!”
Review of Aviator Smokehouse

Aviator Smokehouse
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were told the wait would be an hour and a half, so decided to order to go which they said would be 20 minutes. An hour + later we got the food and the order was wrong. My fiancée ordered BBQ and I ordered rub and they switched it (the orders were different so this really was a problem). I ordered the three items so I could sample. I think the portions of wings and ribs was very small, pulled pork OK. Food was OK, but nothing to write home about. Poor service and wrong order -- I will not be going back. It may be OK for lunch, but forget about dinner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is going to be simple...bartenders are awesome. Wait staff is indifferent. Meats are over-smoked. Their house made vodka is horrible and taste like Pepe-Lopez white tequila or horrible moonshine....oh and they don’t offer any other Vodka but theirs. How is this place still in business?

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

If you haven't tried aviator, you have not done Fuquay Varina properly. They can get pretty busy, but there are three locations in "Aviator Triangle" to choose from, and you can order food at all three. There is nothing like sitting on the patio at the tap room on a nice warm day with some great wings or smoked BBQ.

Bring your dog to the patio, they have water bowls.

1  Thank mczibur
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We were in this past Thursday the 22nd if February attending an event they had in their private room. We were not able to go inside the restaurant part and Allison the GM served us personally. She offered her thoughts on her favorites and we ended up with wings and BBQ Beans. I know basic right. However, the sauce was delicious- finger licking good. I loved the BBQ Beans. I am a snob when it comes to my drink a particular Martini a particular way. Hands down on point.

The staff was gracious and accommodating to our every need. They were busy due to the event and they informed us of time frame on her wait time for food. We will be back & we highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

By far, the absolute WORST service I have ever experienced at a restaurant in my entire life. The wait staff completely ignores you. I've been to Aviator a handful of times and each time is worse than the previous. I have never encountered people working in the service industry to be so unfriendly and impolite. We got tired of waiting and just left. My husband waited at the bar and while there, the two gentlemen beside him said they had been waiting for about fifteen minutes for their drinks. There is a sign that says to wait to be seated, we waited there to start for about ten minutes and were never once even acknowledged, nor were the other people waiting so we decided to go over to the bar. At the bar, we stood and waited about another twenty minutes unsuccessfully. I've had their food before and it's nothing to write home about and their beers are just "meh" in our opinion. I want to love Aviator and support local, and I hate to leave any locally owned place a terrible review but today was just the straw that broke the camel's back.