Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hot tub get away charcuterie board winnipeg beach delicious breakfast made us feel bed and breakfast gas fireplace amazing hosts short drive great place the garden view room b and b stay there again attention to detail at home my birthday
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2021

Many places over-promise and under-deliver, so if you are going there based on the reviews, you won't be disappointed. More likely, you will be more than impressed! While the owners let their guests speak for them via reviews (better than advertising), Eleanore and Randy are discreet and unobtrusive, always respecting your privacy. Even their delightful dog Jake keeps his distance unless you approach him, and then he will lick your hands clean (be warned) !

Although it was our first time there, it felt like we were staying with friends - that is how warmly welcomed we were. I appreciated the regular-sized bottles of shampoo, conditioner plus body lotion and hair products not normally provided in other places. A shout out to the owners for helping preserve our environment, because they don't provide those small plastic bottles or sachets that are thrown out after use. You won't run short of body wash or shampoo with the big bottles provided. Some of the toiletries were already used by previous guests, but the bottles were clean and wiped down, ready for the next guest. It's just like being at home, or like staying with friends, who let you use their own toiletries. And the bottle of Poo-pourri placed on the cistern of the toilet made me smile, because I have it at home, too. This item is indispensable for a 'No. 2' !

As a clean bathroom always matters to me, I was really impressed by the spotless shower stall, tiles, toilet and sink. The commitment to going green extends to the bins in the bathroom and bedroom as well - they are not lined with plastic liners, which would make it so convenient for cleaning up (I can imagine Eleanore or Randy picking out wet tea bags or some icky stuff from the bottom of the bin, so kudos to them). (The only plastic garbage bags we saw was the one lining the big garbage bin in the kitchenette and another one outside the cabin) We liked the comfortable, antique-style furnishings in the room that was practically dust-free from the lamp shades to the top of the dresser, where I had stored my small bag.

There are plastic water bottles available for use if you're going out for the day, so you don't have to buy any - just fill them at the water dispenser in the well-appointed kitchenette which has a clean, new-looking fridge and microwave oven.

While much has been said about the deliciousness of the food, I must add my appreciation of how well our breakfasts were always presented. Presentation is key to completing the experience of eating so we could always visually taste our food when we lifted up the plate covers. What a delight to see how well presented it was - and eating it not just confirmed but exceeded our expectations in terms of flavor, taste and balance - cordon bleu standard, in my view. I've never had dessert with breakfast, so the baked cinnamon apple was a treat.

As it was our anniversary, the personalised welcome plaque was special, while the availability of wine glasses & bottle opener completed our enjoyment of the cheese board that we ordered. Plus, we can't forget those awesome complimentary cinnamon twists everyone is crowing about - if these were made for sale, I am sure there will be a lot of takeaways.

From what we could see of the surroundings in early spring, there will be lush foliage and flowers in the summer, with the vegetable beds providing the fresh garden vegetables and herbs Eleanore uses in her kitchen.

Eleanore and Randy are more than perfect hosts - they anticipate your needs and provide those subtleties in hospitality that is uncommon. Their attentiveness and availability at odd hours (though we tried to keep our requests within reasonable hours) reminded us of a 5-star hotel. They also give reliable recommendations from good eating spots to massage therapists, so if you have an odd request don't be surprised if Randy gives you a name with a phone number!

We will go back again for more of the same memorable experience we enjoyed, and would highly recommend this place to anyone. When you know of a good thing, you must tell others about it.

TIP: Go directly to their website (aaronsonthelake.ca) to book and when you pay by debit or e-transfer (or cash when you arrive), you'll get a good discount.

Room tip: The Lakeview room is quiet with great views of Lake Winnipeg, where we saw bald eagles fishing on the ice floes.
Date of stay: April 2021
Eleanore McMahon, Owner at Aaron's on the Lake Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2021

Thank you so much for your thorough review. We so appreciate you taking the time to let potential future guests read all about the B & B from your perspective as a valued past and future guest! We look forward to seeing both of you back again this summer.

Reviewed April 13, 2021

Being right by the lake made for a breathtaking view, especially during sunrise & sunset walking along the shore path. Their delicious breakfast that we ordered to our cabin, was also a great way to start the day along with a Charcuterie board waiting upon our arrival. A dip in the hot tub was a nice way to relax in the cool weather. The location is also a short drive to Gimli and all that it has to offer. Randy & Eleanore were such great hosts, we really enjoyed our stay!

Date of stay: March 2021
Eleanore McMahon, Owner at Aaron's on the Lake Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2021

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the beauty of this area so close to Winnipeg!

Reviewed April 12, 2021

Accomodating hosts and great personalized service. Rustic ambience with modern facilities, this place has almost everything that you need. Hot tub a big plus.Their breakfast spread is both a feast for the eyes and filling. Will definitely book again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for you kind words. We enjoyed meeting you and your family and look forward to having you back out again!
Randy, Eleanore & Jake!

Reviewed April 9, 2021 via mobile

This place is a gem for those looking for stress free and relax wedding. They have provided and adjusted to all our requests with a smile. The breakfasts were amazing. The package are all worth it. Thanks again Eleanore and Randy! We cant wait to go back again! -Mazhar, AnaMae &Brielle

Trip type: Travelled with family
Eleanore McMahon, Owner at Aaron's on the Lake Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2021

Thank you so much. It was wonderful to meet the three of you and your family. We were honored to host your intimate wedding and look forward to seeing you back again.
Take care and congratulations!

Reviewed April 9, 2021 via mobile

I had the most enjoyable experience. I booked my “Me Days” at Aaron’s on the Lake Bed & Breakfast to rest and rejuvenate.

I fell in love with the experience and have booked back in for July and August.

The accommodation was beautiful, the screen porch was magical and breakfast in bed was my one of my favourite parts.

Thank you Eleanore & Randy, you’re lovely hosts.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed meeting you and having you stay with us! You have provided me with one of my favorite B & B memories....ordering the birthday package not because it was you birthday but because who doesn't want cake and flowers :-). We are looking forward to your next stay.