Priceline
eDreams
Agoda.com
All reviews hot tub get away charcuterie board winnipeg beach delicious breakfast made us feel bed and breakfast gas fireplace amazing hosts short drive great place the garden view room b and b stay there again attention to detail at home my birthday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I had a lovely time celebrating our two-year anniversary here. We stayed in the Garden View Room which was spotless and spacious. The food and hospitality were excellent! Thank you so much.

Date of stay: June 2021
Eleanore McMahon, Owner at Aaron's on the Lake Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed celebrating your 2nd anniversary with us. It is always so important to celebrate these special times in your life together!
Take care and have a wonderful summer.
Randy & Eleanore

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I could not have asked for a better location, better rooms, or better service! Eleanore and Randy went above and beyond to help me have the best COVID wedding possible! My whole family had a wonderful time and we will definitely be returning!

For context, we had to cancel our original wedding plans in the mountains of British Columbia due to COVID, but I'm honestly glad because there is no way anything else would have measured up to this cozy, friendly, intimate experience at Aaron's on the Lake! I cannot recommend them highly enough for an intimate wedding.

Flexible Packages at Fair Prices:
We went with their Elopement package (now called Intimate Wedding Package, I believe) and they were able to add and remove services as needed! For example, we brought our own cake so they removed the charge for that.

Help with Planning:
We must have emailed back and forth a hundred times, but they always answered promptly, and never lost patience! They helped me plan everything, contacted the suppliers for me, helped me find restaurants in the area, helped me find a caterer for the big wedding supper (more on that later in this review), and were very accomodating!

Rooms:
Their set up is perfect for an intimate family wedding! They have three cabins, 2 are connected by a shared kitchenette area and one is completely seperate (Gardenview). My mom, dad, and sister took one of the connected cabins, my groom's mom, dad, and sister took the other, and hubby and I got to have complete privacy in the gardenview cabin! The rooms were clean, spacious, and super gorgeous!!! Definitely interiour design goals ;) They also left lovely little messages and fresh snacks for us as we arrived <3

Breakfast:
The breakfasts were incredible and served right at the requested time! I also have severe allergies and they were very safe and accomodating. The breakfasts themselves were delicious twists on mainly traditional yet creative breakfasts. For example my favs were the french toast made with a fresh cinnamon loaf and light fluffy pancakes served with fresh made hot blueberry spread! YUUUUUUM!!!

The Location:
Beautiful spot right on the lake! Makes for lovely walks down the beach! The yard is gorgeous and big and there are lovely flowers and gardens! They have a nice enclosed gazebo on the porch which is lovely to have coffee in!!! Also they have a hot tub which is clean and the perfect temp (and they supply towels). Its a gorgeous little nature getaway with all the ammenities you need <3

Wedding Prep:
The room I had to prep in was super lovely and had its own private attached bathroom! It was perfect! I would recommend closing the curtains though cause there was one or two times when my husband walked by the window and nearly saw me! They brought me a delicious single person charcuterie board and combined two others for the entire rest of the wedding party so that we all had a snack to last us until supper. Because I was busy getting ready, i didn't end up eating much of mine so they put it in a tupperware and placed it in my fridge to eat later (it was a great late-night snack when the festivities were done ahahah).

Wedding Ceremony:
Flexible service! We were very much wanting a non-religious ceremony and we were very happy with it! Eleanore and Randy were very open minded. Eleanore sent us examples of services she had done in the past and we took them and altered them for our needs/wants. We even had her set it up in a way that let us include our families (we did hand-fasting and had each set of parents lay a rope and then had my dad tie it before we said our vows).

Wedding Supper For Eight:
Even though it was an elopement, we brought 6 family members along with us, each set of parents and two sisters. At the time, they only offered the private dinner for two, as part of the elopement package and didnt feel comfortable cooking for 8 as they hadn't done it before. They assisted us in finding a great caterer (Little Goat) to cook/deliver and Randy and Eleanore served the dinner. It was delicious and the service was professional and friendly :) The table set up was so beautiful, the mother-in-laws made sure to get pictures before we all sat down :) The set up/service/ clean-up was at a very reasonable extra cost. We had the dinner in their gazebo and ended up staying in there LOOONG past supper drinking and talking, singing and dancing (altough we had to go out on the porch for dancing cause the gazebo is not super big). They even set up these gorgeous old windows as wind screens so we wouldn't get cold as we ate and drank the night away! SO thoughtful!

Private Dinner for Two:
We also had the private dinner for two after our six guests had left. Eleanore did a cooking class in Italy, so she was more than happy to make a fresh pasta dish with a side and a light dessert of strawberries sprinkled with liqueur. It was served on the gardenview enclosed porch and the table set up was once again incredibly lovely! It was very romantic!

Their Partner Providers:
Flowers:
The florist they work with did an incredibly beautiful job on my flower crown and my husband's boutonnière. And because the cost was for a bigger bouquet that used more flowers than we had asked for, the florist included a GORGEOUS centrepeice that was placed on the table where we signed our wedding contract. It was beautiful and I was able to dry the flowers so nicely afterwards for keepsakes <3
Photography:
Their photographer was professional and so friendly! My hubby and I are super shy, but she helped us feel comfy being the centres of attention of the camera lense XD She helped us feel glamourous and the photos were absolutely incredible. She knew just where to go to get the best fall shots!!!
Decorator:
A neighbour of Aaron's helps with the decoration and it was beautiful. I wasn't actually expecting anything, since the local was already beautiful, but the decorations were all gorgeous! They matched our colours and just made everything more beautiful without taking away (Just the right amount)!

Thank you x a million to Eleanore and Randy! I'm so sorry that this took me nearly a year to write this review, but it was through no problem on your side, life just swept along so fast this year!!!

P.s. They have a sweet sweet doggo (i forget his name) and he is very independant and just chills around the yard and is super friendly! It was so lovely to pet a friendly dog, but he's not the kind of dog that will bother you if you don't want so don't worry if you don't like dogs!!!

Room tip: The Gardenview is the most private, even boasting it's own private netted porch.
Date of stay: September 2020
Eleanore McMahon, Owner at Aaron's on the Lake Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so grateful for all of the detail you have provided so that others who are planning an intimate wedding hear from someone who has experienced one with us
We absolutely loved planning your wedding with both of you and meeting your families. We will never tire of hearing the laughter and happiness that we heard that night❤️ Thank you again and Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hosts are as exceptional as the view. It’s nice and close to Winnipeg Beach if you want to take in the boardwalk or a restaurant. Breakfasts were great! Eleanore and Randy are very attentive to their guests yet also give you space to enjoy. Was a perfect balance for us! Thankyou!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words and noting our proximity to Winnipeg Beach…..it is such a great place.
Take care
Randy and Eleanore

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While researching B&B’s in Manitoba a few years ago, I came across Aaron’s on the Lake. My husband and I got married June 26th, 2020 and with Covid-19 restrictions, were unable to go anywhere after our wedding. We decided to plan something special for our 1st anniversary.

As soon as we stepped out of our vehicle, Eleanore and Randy were there to welcome us. They were accommodating an gracious hosts throughout our stay. The property is beautiful and our room comfortable and spotless.

We had ordered a charcuterie board upon arrival and it was generous and so tasty. Breakfast both days was fresh and delicious, featuring herbs that we spied Eleanore picking right outside our room. We had the amazing experience of a private four course dinner in the gazebo on our anniversary. Fresh herbs and produce, home made bread and the care taken, made it something my husband and I will always remember, and rivalled any dinner I have had in the city.

If give them 10 stars if I could. We are already planning our next stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed meeting both of you and trying to ensure your first anniversary was special given COVID restrictions! Take care and we look forward to seeing you again!
Randy and Eleanore

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were welcomed with smiles and felt comfortable right away. Every detail is just perfect and there is nothing I would change about our stay (except to make it longer )

They are the sweetest couple and the rooms are as clean as can be. Loved spending the evening in the hot tub as well as walking on the piece during sunset

Thank you again for a lovely stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Eleanore McMahon, Owner at Aaron's on the Lake Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you come back for a longer stay next time :-).
Take care