“Nice Ambiance”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arlington Blvd
Description: Independant, Family owned, authentic Italian Restaurant. Finellis Cafe serves simple authentic Italian food. Fresh fish, centercut choice beef and veal, tender pork, organic chicken, Homemade sauce and the best Italian Dressing ever. Home made desserts. Extensive wine and beer selection from around the world.
Reviewed November 5, 2014

The ambiance in Finelli's is great and the service is too. However, the food is over-priced and just okay. However, it is a nice place to go for a romantic date because of the romantic ambiance. I personally enjoy another local Italian restaurant because the food is amazing!

Reviewed October 5, 2014

We come here every time we are in Greenville! The food is good, nice selection and the service is always fantastic!! Wait staff is always super nice! We were in once last year just d they were closing and the owner still had us come in and he cooked for us himself and it was awesome! Such nice people!! Love this place!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very nicely decorated and appears to be a classy place but not very good. I ordered a caprese salad, worst i've probably ever had as far as presentation of the food just sliced up tomatoes and the mozzerlla and balasmic was on the side. The soup a chicken corn chowder has a nice taste but I felt like it was microwaved and not fresh. I ordered a steak as my entree (milanese style) the waitreess did not know what that meant and had to ask the owner. The steak was over cooked and not prepared properly with garlic and evoo on the side not milanese style. I have come to the conclusion I will not find good italian food down south.

1  Thank Justine D
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went to this restaurant because it was a beautiful evening and they have ample outdoor seating, upon arrival the hostess informed us that WE WERE NOT ALLOWED TO SIT OUTSIDE because the owner had decided in the morning that no one was could outside the rest of the day for it was just "too hot". We arrived at Finelli's after the sun went down and there was a nice breeze so it was not "too hot". When we confronted the manager about this she gave us every excuse she could including that the tables were not sanitized as if cleaning a single table is some huge task. After the manager called us "rude" for even confronting her about this she finally cracked admitting the truth and THE MANAGER TOLD US SHE IS NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS BECAUSE HER LAST NAME IS NOT FINELLI. So there you have it, on a beautiful 75 degree night we were not allowed to sit outside because the owner said no one can sit outside 7 hours before we were there and the manager is so terrified of the owner that she would rather lose business then let someone sit outside and have it potentially get back to the owner that she defied him. Prior to this event we have eaten here before the food is mediocre, very salty and by no means "authentic Italian" but its decent enough if you really are craving fake Italian and you do not like olive garden, just dont ask to sit outside.

3  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I see I'm not the first to deal with the obnoxious owner-Finelli. Found their wine list mediocre and very overpriced for the offerings. Waiter couldn't open the bottle nor present it correctly- let alone pour it. Food so-so, but cold: hot vegetable was so cold, it must have been sitting out for ages- had to ask them to reheat it in microwave. Finally, when I challenged the inscrutably presented bill with the owner (because of the supposed 20% off on the wine) that neither the waiter nor the floor manager could rationally explain (they said they added the tax, then took the discount), Finelli blew me off as a "troublemaker" (actually, an untypeable word was used). Place was nearly empty- I can see why!

2  Thank DiscriminatingOne26