“Disappointed by the changes and reductions in their menu offerings. The food was OK though.”

CPW's Fine Food and Spirits
Ranked #8 of 295 Restaurants in Greenville
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arlington & Stantonsburg
Description: CPW's has Italian roots paired with a culinary exploration of global and ethnic food styles.
Reviewed October 2, 2017

They reworked the restaurant about a year ago and we visited for the first time since that last night.

The former menu was extensive and included a separate low carb menu. It now is much smaller and only includes sandwiches and either pasta or entrees with pasta side dishes. We try to minimize carbs so the current menu offers us very little we can eat. The food was not bad but the menu will take CPW off of our restaurant list.

The owner responded to my comments as written above on their site that the low carb options were still available by request and that some veggie sides could be substituted for a pasta side. Owner response re that option was "hopefully that is visible" on the menu. Neither my wife or I saw it.

The owner responded that "...most of the legacy low carb dishes are still available by request and that the multiple menus (previously) often confused and frustrated (their) guests in the past. We do however still prepare a lot of these low carb dishes. Our goal now is to train servers to relay these possibilities to you."

My resonse is that a secret option does the customer no good. The only way that options like low carb available can work is if there is a note to that effect on the menu. Relying on servers to remember to mention that is likely highly ineffective. In fact, the "sandwich" sides referenced on the menu are not listed anywhere. The server told us what they are. Sides that can be added for an extra cost are listed. Not the same as the ones the server gave us re sandwich sides though maybe some overlap.

Bottom line for us is that we now prefer the aTavola! menu which is where we have been going the last few years, primarily due to it being more convenient for us. I think their sandwiches are better when compared to the chicken sandwich I had last night. And the okra and better broccoli salad are additional pluses for them.

I thanked the owner for responding. It shows that he or she value customer feed back in an effort to improve. I stress that the food was not bad, just not what we wanted to eat.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I have been going there since moving back to Greenville. They have the best service. Best food. It's outstanding and reasonably priced for the excellent quality and independent non chain restaurant touches that you can't get anywhere else. They have an excellent beer and wine selection. Some nights there is free wine tastings and other nights you may see a 3 piece jazz band playing . Not what you would expect from a small college town.
Trust me, you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Enjoyed the Thursday night beer tasting and the Caribbean menu!
Nice job on the new look!
Hope to get back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Dinner with a group of friends. It was amazing! I got the lasagna and it was oh so delicious! The service was phenomenal Opal was awesome!!

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

This was our first time visiting CPW since they completed the remodel of the restaurant.

Our waiter was very attentive & the food didn't take as long to be cooked as it used to. Maybe the kitchen is larger now? Definitely a plus, haha!

And any rate, I enjoyed my Olympia focaccia sandwich (it's better than the prior version, if that seems possible). My wife got Carolina Cajun Pasta, her old standby. She said it's as good as ever. And my son got a burger and remarked about how good it was.

We can't wait to go back, great meal!