“Amazing Staff, terrific hotel”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I have been traveling from Denver, CO to Greenville, NC for work from February 2017 and have stayed at most of the Hilton properties within 50 miles of Greenville during that time. Once I spent a week at the Hampton Inn in Greenville, I stopped looking for other hotels. This is one of the nicest places that I have stayed in the last 15 years of business travel. Other hotels may have had nicer rooms or more amenities; some hotels are closer to my office; and other hotels have better entertainment and leisure options, but no hotel has come close to providing me with the level of service that I have found at the Hampton Inn in Greenville, NC. The culture of service at this hotel begins with leadership at the top. The General Manager, Virginia Harrel; the Guest Services Manager, Jack Prager; and the Housekeeping Manager, Nikitha Thigpen have created an atmosphere where delighting their guests is not an exception, it’s the norm. In the past three months, the staff at the Hampton Inn have gone out of their way to make my stay more pleasant so many times that I have lost count. From something as simple as allowing me to keep an extra bag at the hotel over the weekend so I don’t have to worry about problems with TSA when flying to driving me to the emergency room after I had injured myself, the people who work at this hotel are exceptional.
Earlier this week, while unloading some grocery bags from a cart, into my hotel room, I hit my head on the door so hard that I had an inch-and-a-half long gash on my forehead that was bleeding significantly. When I came downstairs with a towel on my face to stop the bleeding, the staff immediately went into action. One person ran and grabbed the first aid kit, another got a bag of ice, a third found Virginia and the last person at the front desk remained in order to continue serving other guests who were trying to check into the hotel. Once it was clear that there was no need for an ambulance, Virginia gave me a ride to the emergency room in her personal vehicle and came back to pick me up (from home as her shift had ended) once I had been seen by a doctor. Later that night, the front desk called up to my room to make sure I was feeling alright and to check if I needed anything, they were honestly concerned about me on a personal level. I did not expect this kind of service and was delighted that they cared enough to check on me.
Because I fly from Colorado to North Carolina almost every week, I am, from time to time, affected by travel delays. This will result in delays in my arrival and at times I do not get to the hotel until 2-3 in the morning, and at times, I am unable to call in advance to let them know I will be late. Even with these delays, I have never had a problem with getting my room upon arrival. At other hotels, I have been marked as a “no-show” and my room has been given to another guest. This has never happened at this hotel, no matter how late I arrived.
Several times in the past few months, I was forced to stay over weekends for work on no notice. Despite a sell-out at the hotel, the front office staff did everything they could to accommodate my change in plans. They were able to let me keep my room without the need to affect another guest’s stay. Their ability to react to quickly react to changing circumstances so my stay was not impacted while not affecting any other guests stays shows me how much the staff truly cares about all of their guests, not just people who stay with them frequently.
While I would say that 99% of my experience at this Hampton Inn has been positive, I do have a couple very minor observations and suggestions to consider. First, the hotel does not have a pantry. It would be nice if they had drinks, snacks and basic toiletries for sale at the front desk. The hotel does have vending machines that sell some snacks, soda and basic medicine, but the machines only take cash, which I generally do not carry. It would be nice to be able to use a credit card or bill my purchase to my room for the sake of convenience. Second, one of the elevators has been having problems since I arrived at the hotel. This is not a safety problem, the elevator is just very slow. This is a minor inconvenience, but something I would love to see fixed, if possible. Third, I wish the hotel had true suites. The rooms are quite nice, but even the larger rooms are small. Considering the amount of time I spend in the hotel, having a sitting room in the hotel would be nice. Finally, I think the business center needs an upgrade. The desktop computer is fine, but it would be nice to have the ability to scan and email documents, and to be able to print from my room via technology like PrintSpots. Many of the documents I work with are sensitive and moving them to a public computer creates a risk that I cannot take with my client’s materials. Remote printing would alleviate that type of risk and allow me to be more efficient at work. These are incredibly minor issues and none of them would affect my decision to remain a guest of the Hampton Inn in Greenville.
I want to thank Virginia, Jack, Nikitha and all their staff for making my time at the Hampton Inn as pleasant as possible. I have come to think of each of you as friends, not just staff at the hotel where I stay. You have made my time away from my own family happier by providing such wonderful service. I can only rate you 5 on service, but that does not do justice to what you’re doing at this hotel. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room here. I prefer the 5th floor, away from the elevator, but have stayed...
1  Thank Curt M
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Greenville

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My stay was great! Friendliness, cleanliness, knowledgeable about the area and able to direct me to places outside the hotel for dining. It was so convenient because it is right beside the Convention Center. Complimentary breakfast is the best- great variety of choices.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I had a wonderful experience with this hotel. The front desk was friendly and helpful. I was greeted with a smile and felt welcomed. The breakfast was hot and fulfilling. The hotel is in an excellent location near several restaurants.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

God bless this branch of the Hampton Inn. My husband and I stayed here fir our anniversary and did not want to leave. It's so clean and the breakfast is the best I have ever eaten away from home. This place will not disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

This hotel is clean, quiet, and located near shopping and restaurants. It is across the street from Hooters. The staff is friendly. Coffee, tea and water are available all day. I was lucky to have stayed during a "manager appreciation" day and there was free beer, (bottled) wine, sangria, wings and veggies. Indoor pool and a nice gym were nice amenities.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Took my daughter and a few friends for her birthday. Check in staff was very helpful and successful of making me feel welcome as soon as we walked in. Room was well cleaned and smell fresh. Nice and clean! Everything was great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Excellent hotel! Clean, friendly staff, top notch service! Could not be happier with my stay there. I've stayed at hotels across the country (and in several foreign countries) and this hotel is one of the best for the money.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple