“Good is always fabulous. Service spectacular!”

Village Cafe Hampstead
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Hampstead
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Just moved to the area and this is the best place to always have great fresh food which is very delicious and fairly priced with great selection. Forest, my favorite server, always remembers your needs and takes excellent care of everyone. All the workers are wonderful and friendly. Mark comes out to chat and the new awnings make everything more cozy. Just love it here

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed April 14, 2017

Had never been here before. Had a great meal and a great server. Had the Hungry Man breakfast, and it was almost more than I could eat (almost!) The owner/chef came out and talked with us and explained some of the upcoming renovations, and the Easter Sunday buffet. We will definitely be returning, especially for breakfast.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast today (3/31). Tiffany was our server and I wish the other young lady was my server! She seemed to actually know what she was doing! I was observing how she interacted with her customers and it was wonderful compared to what we got. Anyway, we will return bc the food was absolutely delicious but now I know next time to request a different server....I wish I would have gotten the other girls name!!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Nice place to eat a little pricey but good food.Seating is a little too close together,wait staff is a little slow trying to figure who should get the next guest coming in but other than that good atmosphere.

Date of visit: December 2016
Management response:Responded March 23, 2017

Pam,
Thanks for the honest review. Will take all under advisement. Glad the food was good. I try to keep prices in line and still offer something different than what is around the area locally so by comparison we are a little more but will always keep in mind our prices need to be fair and worth what you are getting. We are looking at a slightly different table arrangement even losing a table to provide more room and as for the servers, momentary laspe in clear direction yesterday led to some minor confusion. System in place as of this am to minimize that. Thanks for the review. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

We happened to be exploring around Wilmington, NC and went on Trip Advisor to find a good place to eat in the Hampstead area. The Village Cafe was rated pretty well, so we decided to stop. Oh my gosh - really good. Our server was so friendly, and when the food arrived, it was probably some of the best food we have had in quite some time. We had the pot roast and a buffalo chicken salad, and both were excellent. We are driving up to the New Bern area to orrow and plan on stopping back for breakfast.

Date of visit: March 2017