“Accused of smoking in room”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Havelock
Reviewed 13 September 2017

On Labor Day weekend my wife and I decided to go to the beach since we had been able to go due to work. My wife went on HOTWIRE and booked the rooms at Holiday Inn Havelock. We booked three rooms at this hotel. We took the grandkids and there parents. Anyway, We left on Monday to come back home and before we even got home the hotel charged my card for $250.00 claiming that we smoked in the room. I assured them that no one in my party smoked in the room. The next day they emailed my wife a picture claiming they had found cigarette ashes behind the toilet in one of the rooms. My wife asked why they did not tell her that had a picture the first time they called? They never gave her a reason. I strongly believe that one of the staff smoked in that room and to save there on job they are blaming it on the guest. I have sent a email in response to the picture they sent and I have not heard any from anyone. I have called to talk to the General Manager and we are always told that she is not in. What kind of manager will not take the time to talk to a customer about a problem. Sounds like they have something to hide. I would highly recommend that NO ONE STAY AT THIS HOTEL. You may be there next victim.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hi johncatfishbass,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the smoking charges after your stay. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 September 2017

when I walk into the room the first thing that hit me was the size are the bead and the room it self the bathroom is very large I love the shower, the hallway leading to the room from the elevator is all clean.

Room Tip: Corner suite are Larger and sunny and very Quiteter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The wait staff at the front was very friendly and very helpful when asking for suggestions on local restaurants. The rooms are very nice and clean...NO BED BUGS..checked at least 4 times. Bathrooms are super clean, no mold. The mini keurig in the room was also a nice addition to the super comfy bed. Nice place as far as I am concerned !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KFlinn1128
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Great hotel right off the main gate of Cherry Point. Great location if visiting a Marine on base. Complimentary breakfast, pet friendly. Really good Mexican restaurant right next door. Staff were all friendly and accommodating. Will chose this hotel again on my next visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Reservations were very easy. Price was reasonable. Location was perfect. Clean rooms. Front desk personnel were all friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. This place helped to make it the best vacation ever.

Stayed: July 2017
Jessica W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Staff very friendly and accomplished in thier field.Housekeeping was nice and did good job.The breakfast is just ok.eggs are watery and more selections on the vegan side would be great. The veggie omlette offered is horrid.Hot coffee fresh juice and a nice heated pool.overall it's great.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2017

First of all the ladies that worked the breakfast area were tremendous. The one woman who was out front most of the time was running herself ragged and somehow maintaining her composure. The place was packed with customers and she was constantly refilling things. When she had a few seconds (and I mean a few seconds) she hustled around to the tables asking people if everything was okay. I asked her if SHE was okay, since she was running around so much.

and now for the rooms. ehhhhh not so swell. Ours had a strong sense of moisture in it and in fact the carpet and bedding did seem to be the slightest bit damp. The shower door seemed to be installed incorrectly in that it opened INTO the shower and also would not shut securely. Also, an enormous closet door/mirror opened awkwardly into the cramped living space.

All in all, a 2 star facility ... except for those dining service employees! They ROCK!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havelock
0.1 km away
Hampton Inn Havelock
Hampton Inn Havelock
#1 of 7 in Havelock
25.4 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
25.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Econo Lodge
#3 of 7 in Havelock
21.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Morehead City

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Havelock? Share your experiences!