“Best Jamaican food on the East Coast”
Review of Joy's Jerk Shack

Joy's Jerk Shack
Ranked #12 of 65 Restaurants in Havelock
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This little place has the best Jamaican food on the East Coast.
Food is ALWAYS fresh, portions are plentiful and prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I am working night shift this week and I also work in chicken so why I ordered the chicken is beyond me, but glad I did. I had also asked a few of the employees if they had ever tried it and they said it was really good. I also like to see ratings of places before I try them out.
Anyways, so I called and placef my order. The lady on the other end was more than happy to help me out as I explained it was my first time trying them out but had to send an employee to pick the food up for me. She said that was fine and proceeded to ask what I wanted as sides for my meal. I asked what was the most common and she suggested the rice and peas with the cabbage. So I said sure sounds good. Then asked for an order of plantains as I have never had those before either. I am a food buff and love trying new things. I am glad I did. This food is amazing. Asking my hubby to take me there for my birthday so I can try their oxtails.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

I stopped to try the jerk chicken which I had a coupon for... the manager wouldn't honor it nor gave a reason why she didnt.. the waiter wasn't familiar with the menu and what items were available for today.. will not visit again!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Stopped in on a whim on random night for some food! I order the jerk wings and fell in love! Now i find any excuse to pick up from from Joy's Jerk Shack. The staff are friendly and accommodating, the restaurant was nice and clean and of course the food was amazing! New favorite place to eat right now!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

For the years I've lived in Havelock NC I have yet to come across a restaurant with so much soul and zest as this one. The smell of jerk chicken graced my nostrils all the way from Walmart. I appreciate this establishment because it takes me out the norm of the bland fast food chains that pollute out town. From the welcoming service to great tasting food I will always continue to return.

Date of visit: April 2017