“wouldn't refund my money”

Days Inn Burlington East
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Haw River
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I can't make it to the Days Inn because of frozen roads and this ice storm (Jan 30 2010) and they will not refund my money when I canceled. Very, very poor policy. I'm out $50 because of poor customer service...

Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kundaflame

Reviewed 15 December 2009

This hotel was disgustingly dirty. Blankets were old and had stains as did curtains and rugs. The bathroom was even worse. The walls were stained with who knows what. The lights in some of our 3 rooms were broken as was the nightstand as were the phones. It's hard to believe othere reviewers didn't see this dirt. I had access to 4 rooms total and all were awful. Plus, the back door was kept unlocked for truckers- Hotel right next to 2 large truck stops. I was told by one staffer that this was done routinely. I will add that the staff (all but owner) were very accessible and helped us as much as possible. They did wipe dried spills off walls, replaced one phone (said they didn't know if it worked etiher) and replaced moldy shower curtain. My advise- do not bring children to this hotel. If you're on a college visit, book early and stay somewhere else! Pool was closed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jeji4
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Very Clean, nice staff, great convenence to I40. Clean rooms, no issues, very friendly staff and close to everything!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shooterJacksonville
Reviewed 6 November 2008

We stayed here for one night on our way back from a vacation in Myrtle Beach because we wanted to visit a friend in Burlington.
We arrived about 1:00 in the afternoon and were not sure if this hotel would be close to where we needed to go to our friends house or how to get there. The hotel front desk ladies were very helpful and wrote out directions for us when we gave them the address.

We were very pleased with the large, clean comfortable room they gave us. The continental breakfast was great and with the filling station right next door we were able to get gas and be back on the road quickly the next morning for the 750 mile trip
home.

This looked to be a fairly new hotel and the staff went out of their way to be helpful!! We would definately stay here again if we go to Burlington, N.C.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Good points are:
- Very close to I-40 / I-85, yet fairly quiet.
- Friendly staff.

Other observations:
- Restaurants are not walking distance (5-6 miles).
- Breakfast was average. Breakfast area is tight.
- No elevators (for those who might need them).

Could use better housekeeping in the hallways. I noticed the occassional candy wrapper or empty bag of chips on the floor - something that could be dealt with by cursory walk-throughs.

Overall OK for an overnight stopover. Would not recommend for a vacation.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2008

Stayed for a Mon and Tues. only $38 per nite including tax. It was cheaper than what I reserved at the hotel web site. Hotel room was clean and comfortable. Staff were all nice. Only complaints were that they didn't have an elevator and the bath towels were a little small. All in all it was a pleasent stay and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Although I only stayed one night in the Haw River Days Inn I knew the experience would be a good one from the time I walked into the front lobby.
Everything was clean and orderly and the registration staff very polite and efficient.
My room was spotless and ordorless with everthing updated and working. Best of all the room was quiet.
The morning breakfast included fresh fruit, good coffee, juices, cereal and the opportunity to make your own fresh waffles, a popular item with guests who were there for several nights.
If the opportunity arises next year I'll definitely return. A good nights sleep at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haw River
3.1 km away
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#1 of 2 in Graham
13.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)
7.4 km away
Hampton Inn Mebane
#1 of 2 in Mebane
7.6 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington

Been to Days Inn Burlington East? Share your experiences!