“Very Helpful”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Very Helpful”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Left vehicle lights on overnight and the hotel staff were very helpful in helping get car started...The rooms were standard and the bed was a little hard. The shower had a few signs of mold in the grout. The room was of sufficient size and served its purpose...They do not provide a free breakfast . The cafe area is almost like a Starbucks that provides a good choice of breakfast items. Located conveniently next to the hwy. Restaurants require a vehicle to get to them. Overall a good place to stay

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We went there while furniture shopping - they had a package deal that was as good as AAA rate that included a water, breakfast voucher for each morning for two and some treats. Very friendly staff over the 3 days we were there - gave us great ideas on restaurants, etc. Never could get the wi-fi to work for me. Appeared to be very recently remodeled - I'd say check it out if you're going to be in the area - go to the Mellow Mushroom for good pizza - just up the road!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VLR
Somerset, NJ
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Courtyard by Marriott is a great chain. Every one is identical, clean, reasonable value, well-designed, great for business. This Courtyard is undergoing a lobby renovation, and I'm sure it will look nice when it's done. So overall, your standard, good Courtyard.

However, at this Courtyard, the "free" internet is a 30kB/second connection. Seriously, that is literally the same as what I had in 1995. If you want a normal (not slow connection), you have to pay $10.

Therefore, in all you might as well stay 10 feet away -- at the Fairfield Inn (also run by Marriott). Cheaper, free breakfast. And similar, 9 foot long pool.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
columbia, sc
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed here in July, 2009. We were very pleased with this hotel. Rooms are nice, indoor pool was enjoyed by my daughter and hotel is in a nice area. We would stay here again if we are in the area again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Free internet, good breakfast, snacks, cold beer, nicely designed rooms, quiet. Great hotel for $130 a night.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I checked into the Courtyard in Hickory on July 25th, 2009. The hotel was, according to a worker out front, nearly empty "maybe 20 pecent full tonight". There were a dozen cars in the parking lot at best and it was 6 pm.

The lobby was deserted and there was no one at the front desk. Aftr waiting 3-4 minutes, I finally started calling to the back room and a young lady appeared - dour and apparenty bothered that a guest had shown up.

I explained to her that I had pulled a muscle in my back earlier in the day and asked if I might, as a Silver Preferred member of Marriott Rewards, upgrade my regular room to a whirlpool room. Or, failing that, if I might pay a bit extra to do so.

She said she could do that if I paid another $115 a night (I was paying $78. so it would more than double my rate). I declined. Then she said "We have a pool and a whirlpool and you are welcome to use it". Gee, thanks.

I should point out that she never once welcomed me, smiled or showed any sign of being human.

Over the past year, I have switched many of my hotel nights over to Hilton properties and this was my first night back at a Marriott after a long run at Hiltons. This night, I ended up missing a Hilton.

Pros of this property: Quiet and nice rooms. Great housekeeping staff who greet you and engage in conversation.

But over all, a sterile stay in an empty hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarefootTom
VA
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I am staying at this hotel right now. This hotel is very clean and comfortable....and I'm somewhat picky because of a bad experience I had in another hotel.

The staff is great. Nice decor. Pool and hot tub looks very clean. Nice gazebo area. Quiet. Close to restaurants. 5 minutes from the Crawdad's staduim.

I will definitely stay here when I return. Great price for a great hotel! Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family