All reviews waffles curved wall room was clean small bathroom waffle maker cracker barrel hot breakfast walking distance thin walls the hotel is conveniently located choice hotels would stay here again very nice hotel price point free breakfast staff was friendly right next door
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Very impressed place was very clean, people very nice, room was very comfortable. It says it was formerly a Motel 6 well they did a real good job changing this into the Sleep Inn, cause I didn't know that. I will stay here again if I'm passing by for sure.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly but oh my word was it loud! It sounded like we were sleeping in the middle of the highway. I've stayed at two hotels on the other side of the main road with no sound issues so not sure why this one was so bad. In addition, people were yelling in rooms next door. Will not be back because 2 hours of sleep isn't enough.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

When we turned on the shower brown sludge came out. We called the front desk. She said she thought the city was working on a line and that she would check and call us back. She didn’t call, so we stopped at the front desk on our way out. The lady at the front said the city had been working on the pipes for a month and that’s why brown sludge was coming out of the shower. The water from the sink and toilet was clear. We asked that someone clean the tub while we went to lunch. When we returned hours later, our door was open. No one was in there and, luckily, we hadn’t left anything of value in our room.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Ginger A
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Picked this hotel because we wanted to see old downtown Hickory. Nice hotel. Very friendly staff. The only rooms available were rooms with 2 beds. That was fine except that the furniture filled the room. Very small bathroom but also a very clean bathroom. Beds were great. We were on top floor so no noise. TV and WiFi worked fine. Breakfast was as usual with hot eggs and sausage. Staff friendly. This was the only Choice Hotels location that provided recycling bins in the eating area. Great. Probably will stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

I posted a review last year of this hotel. It was such a pleasant visit that my friends and I stayed again. Last year there were 2 of us. This year there were 4. The room was a bit small for such a big group and I should have reserved a larger room but the service more than makes up for that! This is the most helpful and friendly staff I’ve ever encountered! Yes, I know that is their job but I have stayed in many hotels (both luxury and budget) and their service is that of a luxury hotel! Plus they have the best waffles and a fresh hot breakfast every morning. I will absolutely stay here again. You just don’t get service like this everywhere! If you are passing through Hickory or visiting for college activities and need a clean, quiet room with a staff that bends over backwards to make your stay perfect, book a room here!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Manesh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thank you for the awesome review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would also like to thank you for the recommendations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area