All reviewsfront porchhistoric hoteldesk stafffurnished with antiquesin townbreakfast was amazingwater pressurewithin walking distanceshops and restaurantsglass of wineprivate deckmountain fresh grocerycan't wait to go backmajorstlcwhimfall
Reviewed August 20, 2016

We have stayed many times and will be going back the first chance we will be able to go. One of my favorite places to go and when the dining room was open but in the day best food you could ever have and always so busy. Not sure if the restaurant is open now because it has been 2 years sise we have been there and the main reason was do to our health.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less ac unit noise!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank margemartin585
Reviewed August 14, 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Highlands Inn for 3 nights on a recent short vacation. The location is perfect, within walking distance of most restaurants and shopping. The Inn itself is obviously old, and could do with a renovation, but I found myself feeling quite comfortable here. The rooms could use new bed linens, but the mattress was very comfortable. There was a small sitting area that was cozy and comfortable as well. The bathroom was a little outdated, but certainly fully functional. We most enjoyed sitting on the balcony every evening and watching the people walk and drive up and down the street. Cookies were served warm every evening at 8 p.m. with decaf coffee. It would be nice if they also had tea. The staff was very welcoming, especially Rebecca. In all, I would certainly not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with direct access to the balcony are great, but less private.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank icestorm22
Reviewed August 12, 2016

I was going to Highlands on business and my clients made a reservation at the Highlands Inn, as no other properties had availability. My last 4 visits I stayed at 200 Main. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, as well as the responses from management. I didn't have great expectations, but hoped for the best. I arrived around 7:30 pm. The entrance to the Inn is not ADA in the least. If one is handicapped, it would be difficult to enter. The lobby is dated and old, and not in a "historic" sense. I was greeted by a pleasant clerk who checked me in and told me she would take me to my room, #48. It was billed as a Deluxe King. We went past a cage with birds, through a terribly run down hall, down a flight of stairs and to my door. She had trouble working the key. After a few minutes we were in. The room was tired at best. It had furniture from flea markets, newer carpet, a low end bath with finishes not up to the standards of Loews or Hope Depot, and a "tv" that was a computer monitor placed above a sofa facing the bed. The screen was smaller than the remote. My room was prepaid, and even if I chose to pay my for another room at another property, the town was sold out. The bed was newer and not uncomfortable. At 3 am, the fire alarm sounded and all guests were evacuated to the lobby. I would guess that the Inn was maybe half full based on the guests sent to the lobby. We were given the all clear about 45 minutes later. I had to meet with clients at 7am. I was out of the room until 11 pm. When I pulled my covers down, my sheets had dead gnats all over my them. I called 200 Main to see if they had any cancellations for the evening, they did not but they could accommodate me the following night. I took the sheets off the bed, shook them out, remade the bed and tried to sleep. In the morning I packed up and checked out. I told the clerk my business in town was finished and that I was checking out a day early. I was informed prepaid rooms were not available for any refunds. I left, went down the non ADA steps and felt relieved I would never have to return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Thom S
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Stayed in room 46 for three nights and really enjoyed the stay. The small balcony overlooking the pond/garden was very relaxing and enjoyable. Even saw the resident bullfrog who hops out of the pond late in the evening each night. Bear in mind that this is a historic inn built in 1880 and is not intended to be a shiny new five star experience, but is imho a value given it's location and charm. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Side1slip
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

This is a charming and relaxing inn in the lovely town of Highlands. We have stayed here on several trips and really enjoyed each visit. We love the long porch on the 2nd floor where we sit and relax. The breakfast is good and the staff is very helpful. We will come back and highly recommend this stay to everyone.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple