All reviews surf camp the owner great place great surf eggs at home great food makes you feel go fishing my boyfriend on site awesome waves horse riding little slice of heaven surf videos baby turtles comfortable rooms
Reviewed November 15, 2017

I've been 3 times to Guanico Surf Camp and I always have a great time. Great beachfront location just in front of the waves for those who like surfing SUP or body board.

The beach is very nice and there's a nice hike to playa marinera.

Atmosphere and the people in the hostel are very cool.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ReyS91
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I spent a weekend at the Surfcamp Guanico hostel. It was an amazing getaway from the busy city. Everything was perfectly made for a great surf in the morning, exploring the area around in the afternoon and other than that just chilling on the porch.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2017

I spent with a friend 4 days at Nics Surfcamp. It was absolutely inspiring. The surfcamp has all amenities you need, for every budget. You wanna surf? You surf everyday, the waves are great. You wanna explore caves, go and explore them. Watch turtlest nesting (in a responsible and guided way) you can do it. You wanna go fishing? You go fishing. Sometimes you even see humpback wales and of course, its home of plenty dolphins. SUP in the mangroves? voila! You just wanna read and rest ? perfecto. Nic and his team take care of everything and you feel like in a family! I do highly recommend this place. Do not expect parties and go with an openminded attitude and you will have a wonderful stay! go and enjoy the beautiful nature of panama!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2017

My partner and I stayed in a beautiful sea view room. At the Surfcamp they have a wide variety of surf boards to rent and SUP boards.
Waves were pretty good, and for all levels of surfers.
Volunteers were excellent, really got on well with them, they cooked incredible food and created such a fun and welcoming atmosphere.

One thing that really stood out for us was the turtle projects. Its still a project that is just developing, but just going for a walk at night and seeing a Green Turtle and an Olive Ridley laying eggs on the beach was just unforgettable.
One of the volunteers knew so much about about turtles and he safely moved the eggs into a turtle hatchery. So they would be safe from cars, dogs and poachers.

I really wish Guanico all the best in keeping up and protecting the turtles. Thanks for the wonderful time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2017

My friend and I stayed for 5 days. We took surf classes with Nic the first 2 days and surfed on our own with the surf camp's rental boards the other three days. We had a fantastic time. The surf classes were attentive and very helpful for us to get started. Nic spent a lot of time seeking out and driving us to a good spot for practice. The beach is beautiful and not at all crowded. The waves are wonderful. The volunteers who help run the surf camp were super nice and helpful and cooked delicious meals. The backpacker's kitchen was small with somewhat limited supplies but fine for us to cook lots of great meals. The bedrooms are simple and common spaces are beautiful, with lots of attention to detail like hand painted signs and lots of space to lounge.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends