“Good for sleep and shower”
Review of Red Roof Inn Kenly

Red Roof Inn Kenly
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kenly
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Traveling from the Outerbanks on the way to Charleston we stopped at the Days Inn off the interstate in Kenly NC on June 30 2011. The hotel is easy to find, but it is next to a truck stop. Our room could have been cleaner and they didn’t have any queen bed, only 2 doubles. They blamed the lack of queen beds on our booking through Expedia. Also, when I asked for a receipt, again they “couldn’t” give me one since I had booked on Expedia. What? You can’t give me a receipt or anything?
The lobby was very worn and dirty and the “breakfast” was toast and your choice of two cereals. If you just need a place to sleep and shower, it’s good enough for that.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed at the Days Inn in Kenly for a night on our way to Florida and because we were traveling with extended family we rented 3 rooms. All of the rooms are very dated and the comforters are as old as I am (and I'm no spring chicken). One of the rooms had dead bugs on and around the sink basin. We spoke to management about it. They were more than gracious and offered to move us to another room. They explained that they have pest control in every 21 days and that the motel had just been sprayed 2 days prior to our arrival. We declined the change in rooms....after all the bugs were dead.
The air condidtioners could use replacing along with just about everything else in the motel but for what we paid, it's no wonder they don't fix anything up.
The motel is very close to the highway and that coupled with dirt cheap price was our reason for choosing this motel. Our rooms were located upstairs poolside so the noise from the highway was not an issue.
The mattresses were hard as a rock, so if you like a good firm mattress, you're in luck.
The pool was clean and we could smell chlorine so that too was a plus.
The breakfast consisted of muffins, frozen waffles, toast and cereal.
We had some good conversation with some of the truckers who frequent this motel and they were very nice.
The staff is also extremely nice.
Rooms were as clean as anyone could expect considering the dated furnishings, thin towels and stained carpets.
I would not suggest this motel for an extended stay, but if you are not picky and only plan to stay for an overnight it's ok for a one nighter.
Cheap, cheap, cheap and that was what we were looking for.
Also - there was a car on blocks in the parking lot when we stayed and we noticed that same car still in the parking lot a week and a half later when we drove past on our way home.

Room Tip: Always double check your reservations.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheCleaningLady1972
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I traveled from CA to NC for our daughters graduation in this small town, stayed 3 nights and selected Days Inn as our hotel as we had had good experience with this hotel chain in CA. The rate for the room was very cheap but we found out that you get what you pay for! As we drove up we noticed right away that the exterior was very run down and hoped that the interior would be better, WRONG! The rooms are very dated and had this odd smell to it. As you walk around the grounds don't be surprised to see roaches! Luckily we saw none in the rooms. The one plus about this place is the friendly service we received at the front desk and housekeeping. It was nice to get free Wi-fi and continental breakfast but BE AWARE, the breakfast is a first come first serve so once it's gone it's gone! We didn't get to have breakfast once while there. There are not many hotels to choose from in this town but we will definitely be trying a different hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Stayed here for three nights in Feb of 2011. Rooms were clean, bathrooms were big, check in was a breeze, staff very friendly. If you are looking for a clean, safe, place to stay outside of Wilson this is perfect. Recomend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Upon checking in at 9:05 on a Friday night, (7/23) I was told the pool closed at 9:00. After questioning why that early on a weekend I was told "Hotel Policy".
The breakfast are on the web page fails to show just how small it is. Seating for 12 people only. Again I questioned that and was told " People just take their food to their rooms" (more about breakfast latter)
From there we went to the 2 rooms we rented to find our door wouldn't open. Key card wouldn't even light. We waited 30 minutes for a mechanic to come. He took the key card reader apart. Telling us he had suggested just moving us to another room but the front desk manager said "No, They need to stay together." Surprised me. I made the reservations. NEVER asked to be next to each other. Just 2 rooms. Long story short in the over 50 minutes he spent sitting on our rooms floor fixing the lock, He also told us that the owner told them that they could keep the pool open until 10:30 or 11:00 depending on the need. A soccer club was in the week before us and he said he closed the pool at 11:00 for them. So now it's 10:25 and he puts our door lock back together (now working) and departs. We turn on the tv. and find the remote does not work. Called the desk at 10:30 - - Someone will be up.- My son tries his laptop- - WiFi does not work. 11:00 I called back to the desk to tell him forget about the remote, It's now too late.
BREAKFAST - - your choice of two kinds of mini doughnuts. Still half frozen and a breakfast cereal ( cheerios) I believe. Those 6 tables were filled and so was the mini sofa and chair in the so called lobby.
Then to add to my nightmare. Upon arriving home I had a message from the hotel. We left a bag of clothes in the room. I called that night for arrangements to get them back. Was told he had to talk to the owner to find out their policy. Three days later I called back again. Was told the clothes would be sent that day (7/27). TODAY - - two weeks later.(8/9) I just got off the phone with them again. OUR CLOTHES ARE STILLL SITTING THERE IN A BOX BEHIND THE DESK. They NEVER called, emailed anything to tell me they didn't. They have my home phone(they called to say the clothes were left) they had my cell number, my eamil, home address. But decided not to use any of those to let me know ,AFTER telling me that they shipped them, that there was any problems.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2010

It was Days Inn. Very Clean and absolutely no frills. Bed hard as a rock and bed spread a bit worn but very clean including the carpet. Need to receive a fax and the clerk brought it to my room. Very Nice Staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Lots of upkeep issues, no microwave in room. Really looks run down looking. Good place for trucker's but would not recommend for everyday person.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenly
0.5 km away
Jameson Inn of Wilson
#13 of 17 in Wilson
23.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilson

Been to Red Roof Inn Kenly? Share your experiences!