“Disappointed turned worse” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Kenly

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Kenly
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kenly
feasterville
“Disappointed turned worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Upon checking in at 9:05 on a Friday night, (7/23) I was told the pool closed at 9:00. After questioning why that early on a weekend I was told "Hotel Policy".
The breakfast are on the web page fails to show just how small it is. Seating for 12 people only. Again I questioned that and was told " People just take their food to their rooms" (more about breakfast latter)
From there we went to the 2 rooms we rented to find our door wouldn't open. Key card wouldn't even light. We waited 30 minutes for a mechanic to come. He took the key card reader apart. Telling us he had suggested just moving us to another room but the front desk manager said "No, They need to stay together." Surprised me. I made the reservations. NEVER asked to be next to each other. Just 2 rooms. Long story short in the over 50 minutes he spent sitting on our rooms floor fixing the lock, He also told us that the owner told them that they could keep the pool open until 10:30 or 11:00 depending on the need. A soccer club was in the week before us and he said he closed the pool at 11:00 for them. So now it's 10:25 and he puts our door lock back together (now working) and departs. We turn on the tv. and find the remote does not work. Called the desk at 10:30 - - Someone will be up.- My son tries his laptop- - WiFi does not work. 11:00 I called back to the desk to tell him forget about the remote, It's now too late.
BREAKFAST - - your choice of two kinds of mini doughnuts. Still half frozen and a breakfast cereal ( cheerios) I believe. Those 6 tables were filled and so was the mini sofa and chair in the so called lobby.
Then to add to my nightmare. Upon arriving home I had a message from the hotel. We left a bag of clothes in the room. I called that night for arrangements to get them back. Was told he had to talk to the owner to find out their policy. Three days later I called back again. Was told the clothes would be sent that day (7/27). TODAY - - two weeks later.(8/9) I just got off the phone with them again. OUR CLOTHES ARE STILLL SITTING THERE IN A BOX BEHIND THE DESK. They NEVER called, emailed anything to tell me they didn't. They have my home phone(they called to say the clothes were left) they had my cell number, my eamil, home address. But decided not to use any of those to let me know ,AFTER telling me that they shipped them, that there was any problems.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

It was Days Inn. Very Clean and absolutely no frills. Bed hard as a rock and bed spread a bit worn but very clean including the carpet. Need to receive a fax and the clerk brought it to my room. Very Nice Staff.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

Lots of upkeep issues, no microwave in room. Really looks run down looking. Good place for trucker's but would not recommend for everyday person.

• Stayed May 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kenly hotels

toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

Good grief. This motel has reached the end of its marketable life as a Days Inn. Either it's time to take out a loan and renovate or it should complete its transition into one of those dimly-lit off-freeway no-tell motels.

This hotel is visible from the I-95, and looking out the window, the I-95 is quite visible to the hotel. And audible. All night. Sounds of air brakes, bad mufflers, diesel engines. If you need absolute quiet to sleep--or just plain quiet--do not stay in one of the front-facing units. The room is smallish but adequately appointed with a hairdryer, coffee maker, alarm clock, tv, etc. The free high-speed internet is nice; I'm using it now. The carpet is stained, the walls are stained and peeling and the bathroom is dirty. It's not dirty in the sense that the staff haven't cleaned it properly. It's dirty because the caulking is shredded and stained, there is mold on the door frame and the tiles are old and grimy.

We're off to try the breakfast. Wish us luck.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend while traveling on I-95. It is located very close to the highway next to a truck stop that includes a Wendys. We were initially given a room at the back of the building. It was a bit run down and the bathroom smelled a little, but it was adequate. We turned on the heat and went to get dinner, and when we returned our room it smelled overwhelmingly like gasoline. We spoke to the woman at the front desk whose response was that she would send her husband over to look at it, which was sort of irrelevant because it's not like we'd stay in a room that smelled like gas anyway. About 20 minutes later she finally came to check it out herself, and immediately got us into another room which seemed much cleaner, but faced I-95 so there was traffic noise all night. As long as it didn't smell like gas I didn't mind too much though.

The included breakfast was VERY minimal. There was coffee, milk, juice, fruit loops, raisin bran, white bread, and tiny banana nut muffins. There were a few small tables you could eat at in the lobby, but they were pretty squeezed in.

Overall the staff was pleasant, but with the gas smell and all I might spend just a bit more to get into something a little better next time.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Room smelled like gas
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Heathrow, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2008

We stopped at this motel on our way to Williamsburg Va. I will never stay at another Days Inn. It was flithy. Beware.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2007

great value,cleanand nice people at the desk.comfortable beds,althhough if you are awake at night you can hear the train whistle but it never woke us up so not a big problem.breakfst was basic with great coffee and clean.the truck stop next door was good for food but the waffle house was greasy.overall very good for the money and if you check the shell the front has magazies with coupons overall very good for the money.

• Liked — clean ,value
  • Disliked — no indoor pool
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenly
0.5 km away
15.6 km away
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95
23.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson

Been to Red Roof Inn Kenly? Share your experiences!