“Rather noisy”

Mae's Vintage Kitchen
Ranked #46 of 118 Restaurants in Kernersville
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

There were 4 in our group the day we visited, and the biggest problem was the noise level. It was difficult to even have a conversation. Three of us ordered the chicken salad plate. It was good, but the portion of chicken salad needs to be larger, especially for the price.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We loved this place. Open from 11-4 for lunch. Located inside an older restored home with great ambiance and views out every window. There were only two men dining, but my husband said the meatloaf, gravy and mashed potatoes were the best he had ever eaten! Chicken pie with big chunks of white meat (no veggies) with a side pear salad was to die for. Our daughter said the turkey croissant was delish! Good sized mimosas with fresh fruit were enjoyed by all. We splurged and split the strawberry cake with whipped cream icing. It was was light, moist and refreshing. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and a joy to be around. She seemed to know exactly what we would like. Loved her! This was our first visit, but definitely not our last! Our daughter requested that we dine at Mae’s every single time she is home. Fabulous!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This was quite a treat for lunch. They did well accommodating allergy needs, and the food was simple and delicious. I had a pot of tea and scones in addition to a salad and sandwich combo. I would love to come back for the full tea! The staff was very nice as well.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We had a reservation and still waited 40 minutes to be seated. One reason we picked this tea room was because we didn't want to spend time driving to the other. Given that we still waited 40 minutes, I wish we had. I give the food 3 stars compared to another tea room in the area. Won't be going back.

1  Thank Sightsee395169
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

I took my mother for her first "English High Tea" experience. We were both thrilled with the service and atmosphere. Best price around for the full tea service.