“Mexican Food? I do not think so.”

Don Juan's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 121 Restaurants in Kernersville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 8, 2018

I normally look for positive things to say, but in this case there was really not a lot of places to look. Ordered one Margarita and a Dr. Pepper and the waiter brings two Margarita's, which was horrible. When my wife does not even drink 1/2 of her Margarita then something is really bad. Food portions were plentiful but bland. Waiter spent most of his time huddled with 4 other waiters at a wait station. Really disappointed.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This place has the best margaritas in Kernersville. The pitcher is reasonably priced. If you’re going with friends be prepared to uber home. The guacamole is also fantastic. They provide chips and salsa for the table. I’d suggest ordering a side of queso as well.

Great place to meet friends!

Reviewed May 20, 2018

My wife and I went to Don Juan's on the advice of a friend who said it was very good. He apparently leads a sheltered life because it was no better than average. We were seated in less than five minutes after arrival and the ubiquitous chips and salsa arrived almost immediately. To me the salsa is like a greeting. It's the first impression you get of a Mexican restaurant's food. Is it a firm handshake or a limp wrist? Don Juan's salsa is definitely a limp wrist. No ingredients other than tomato sauce. It was bland and almost watery thin. I ordered 2 Chili Pablanos (you never know what size they will be). They turned out to be huge...probably the biggest peppers that I have ever seen. Unfortunately they were lacking in flavor...just plain boring. I ate one and abandoned the other. The rice and beans that came with the peppers was average. My wife ordered the Taco Salad and she was pleased with it. It was large and the beef had a nice taste and texture. She liked the sour cream, but could have used a little more. The waiter was attentive and kept our drink glasses full. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Come here every time I'm in the area, and it never disappoints. The service is always great, and the food outstanding. Never had a bad experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

They always have a good variety of food to meet all needs, but taco Tuesday is the best. $.99 tacos with choice of chicken or beef, crunchy or soft.