“Yum!”

Doss Old Fashion Ice Cream
Ranked #4 of 8 Dessert in Kernersville
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Best place in the area for ice cream!! They have my absolute fav - orange pineapple!! Only place in the south that has this flavor. Their mint chip is awesome, as is their cherry vanilla. Love the old fashion type soda pop style shop. Definitely go to for ice cream!

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Last night we decided to swing by Doss Old Fashioned Ice Cream for the first time. There were lots of people there enjoying ice cream. There's also parking behind this throw back style restaurant. They have been in business over 30 years, according to an award on the wall. They have a large number of ice cream flavors to choose from. I forgot to count them, but I'd estimate 25 or more flavors to select. A plain cone is included in the price - you know, the ones that you had as a kid and they taste like crispy cardboard? Instead, if you want a small sugar cone, that costs 35 cents extra; a waffle cone is $1.05 extra. Go for it - the extra cost is worth it. Hubby and I both got waffle cones with 2 generous scoops of ice cream. He got Vanilla Fudge and Death by Chocolate. I got Pecan Praline and Death by Chocolate. We both enjoyed our ice cream choices. This is a nice quality ice cream. We really adored the Death by Chocolate flavor. He was served by a young lady. A nice gentleman scooped my ice cream. They were both very polite. Be sure to look for the "Teenagers" decoration sign on the wall. If you've ever parented a teenager, this sign will probably make you smile or even chuckle. There's a small grill at this restaurant. Next trip we might try their hot dogs or burgers. If we do, I'm sure we'll try to save room for their ice cream!

1  Thank NancyD3207
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Very good ice cream and service was good not sure what I expected with the "old fashion" name I assumed it was the style of ice cream but after my visit I think it's the place which is clean and well keep but has 1960's-70's style interior and seating which was not an unpleasant experience I wish they would play up the retro vibe more with music etc. we did not order any food , but the burgers and hot dogs other quest where ordering looked good lots of kids here all with friendly happy late hippy vibe probably a great place to go for the "munchies". I will return in bell bottoms

2  Thank darrell d
Reviewed June 17, 2017

If you want a good hot dog on a toasted bun, this is the place. They also have foot-long dogs, burgers, etc. Also, many flavors of delicious ice cream. We highly recommend the hot dogs.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Such a pleasant place to go. Good ol fashion food! Love the hot dogs ! Ice cream always good! Been coming here for years ! Decent prices ! If your looking for a mom and pop joint this is the place !

1  Thank Erin M