“Where is the local beer?”
Review of Angela's Ale House

Angela's Ale House
Ranked #28 of 122 Restaurants in Kernersville
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Ok, it must be a me thing with this place. The food is ok, not great. Personally think it’s a little pricey for what you get. First experience was super slow service, ok we will give it a second try. Second time, food was meh and they were out of the local beer. That might not have been their fault. Not sure we are going back unless it’s a group thing.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We discovered Angela's from Tripadvisor while looking for "something different". We went on a Friday night around 7:30pm and it was not crowded. My husband had a burger which he declared was comparable to Hops in GSO (our high bar for burgers). The taterbabies were cooked crispy as he requested. I had a custom pimento cheese, BLT on a gluten free bun. Most places charge $1-$2 extra for a gluten free bun, but AAH only charges .75 which I appreciate. I had the stuffed spuds as a side, which was twice baked potatoes with butter, cheese, chives, bacon...very tasty. Our waitress Joey was great, explaining dishes, customizing things for us, telling us about the beer from the brewery across the street, etc. We liked it so much, we went back for breakfast on Sunday. My husband was more impressed than me...I didn't find it too flavorful, but it was definitely cheap. We got eggs, bacon/sausage, hashbrowns, toast/biscuit for less than $12. It was OK. However, we will be back to try the taco bar on Thursday and I'll get a burger next time! We will be repeat customers.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

If you read other reviews you'll see a common theme. This place is not about speed. If you want it fast, go to a fast food restaurant. This is like a European Beer garden. It's a process. If you order the onion rings, they're hand dipped and fried when you order. The food is solid. I had the meatloaf burger and onion rings. Both where delicious and worth the wait. If you expect food delivered 10 minutes after you get there, you'll be disappointed and frustrated. If you bring friends/family and are there to socialize and have conversations while you eat, then it's perfect.
Bottom line, food is good, service is friendly, and don't expect to be in and out and you'll have a great time.

1  Thank atrophaeus
Reviewed April 26, 2018

GOOD BURGERS AND SIDES. Friendly wait staff. Service was good and .fairly quick. Atmosphere was good. Joe Freeman. Forest City,

1  Thank bfree12018
Reviewed March 29, 2018

My family and I went there for a nice outing. I will say the burgers were pretty good. However, my party had 4 people and the other party behind me (which got that after us) had 6 people. Those were the only people there. It took almost half an hour to get our burgers and fries. Then to add to the frustration, the waitress would not leave us alone. She continued to sit down next to my husband chit-chatting so we could not eat in peace. When we left he even mentioned how annoyed he was he couldn't enjoy his food in peace. Would probably recommend take out or go somewhere else from a service standpoint.