All reviews four seasons different buildings kill devil grill continental breakfast oceanfront room bagels hard boiled eggs main building nothing fancy staff was friendly obx iron microwave deck
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Location on the beach though we stayed on bottom floor and could only see the dunes, which was fine as we were only looking for a place to sleep because we had family and friends who had several houses on the beach. Yet I liked décor of room, clean, patio, good lock on sliding glass doors. Good continental breakfast. Nice clean pool. Spent one day at the pool by myself and hardly anyone was there which was great. Also there is some type of security there, I believe. I saw a man who would not let people use access to beach who weren't guests of the hotel. Restaurant across the street. Believe there is an elevator. I overheard management saying they are renovating in the winter. Was pleasantly surprised and would recommend.

Room Tip: I'm sure there are oceanview rooms because of height of one portion of hotel. One section I believe was 4 stories, others were 2.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

This is an old hotel in need of updating for sure. We didn’t have any issues with the room being dirty like some others, but our room was very damp, and everything did feel wet, which wasn’t a great feeling.

We had reserved a room with “no view” but we actually had a room facing the dunes/oceans and had a balcony so that was a nice surprise. The hotel also had direct access to the beach, as well as a pool and breakfast. We stayed for two nights while we waited for our beach house to be available for check in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Adorable “Mom and Pop” kind of place. Nothing fancy, right on the beach, has a pool and complimentary breakfast. A few renovations had just been done, pretty new chairs were being placed on some of the balconies. Staff are all very kind and very helpful. Within walking distance to a couple of restaurants and shops. I would absolutely book again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

The staff was super friendly and very helpful with my questions. Our room was clean and very nice. It was hard to open the sliding glass door to the balcony but not a big deal. For the price compared to other hotels in the area, we were not disappointed!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

If you are going to book this hotel I advise going through a booking company only so you won’t pay full price. The free breakfast, employees, and the big pool were the only positives we found. The Kiddie pool was broken, our air conditioner was broken but fixed quickly, we had a large spider in our bathroom, and our friends had a roach.
We got there at 3:30 to try to check in early only to be told that our room wasn’t ready and didn’t receive a call that it was ready until 4:30.
We usually get a house in OBX but opted for a short stay this year and landed at the John Yancey. Next year we are going back to a house!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family