2,765 results
All reviews nags head the outer banks ocean view hotel restaurant indoor pool hot tub housekeeping staff north carolina off season beach access beach front beds were comfortable sabrina peppercorn bird parrots pet
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed for 1 night this past week. We found the room ok. It was big enough, and had a balcony (that overlooked the parking lot) and while it seemed clean enough, there was a bit of a smell. I'm not sure if that's the hotel itself or if its because its in a hot humid area.
We liked their outdoor space. There were nice seating areas, and we liked that it was right on the beach. We did use their indoor pool, which was basic but mostly clean. (room for inprovement - as there was some food on the table areas that had been left by previous guests).
We really liked how central this location was because there was so much to see and do near by. That's why we chose it in the first place.

No breakfast included. Also, we discovered on the reciept slipped under our door that they overcharged us on the room cost, so i had to go to the front desk and get that changed. No biggie, but i didn't like that the paper work wasn't processed properly in the first place.

I'm not sure if I would go back or not. I think we'd probably want to try other options first. But for a first time visit it was ok.

Room Tip: if you don't mind a view of the parking lot you can save extra on a room. Also, read your receipt carefully when checking out. Don't forget to ask for your AAA discount when you arrive.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thanks for leaving comments about your recent stay with us. The indoor pool and expansive outdoor deck areas sure are a big hit with our guests and we’re glad that you enjoyed yourself. Although breakfast isn’t always included within every room rate, we do offer fabulous packages (some with breakfast) so be sure to check them out next time. We’d love for you to return again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We spent 2 nights in May of '12 on the first floor and would definitely choose to stay here again. The location on the beach is perfect, the hotel has wonderful outdoor decks with plenty of chairs & my favorite - a 2-seater hammock swing overlooking the beach! The hotel staff & restaurant staff were professional & friendly. We enjoyed eating breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We were very satisfied with our room & amenities. The double room was a little tight for 4 people and our dog, but still met our needs very well. We found the beds to be very comfy. The convenience of having a door that led to the exterior was super convenient for early & late dog-walking business. It was fun talking to Sabrina the parrot. This was not a huge deal for us, but there could be more sound-proofing in the walls. This was a very enjoyable pre-summer get-away, and we appreciate having a hotel with all these amenities that also welcomes our family dog!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are reserved for pet owners & offer a convenient door to the outside for dog-walking.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TV7

Excellent! We love hearing how you brought the entire family with you and enjoyed our wonderful hotel. Having plenty of outdoor deck seating (with ocean views) is important and we’re glad you found your little tranquil get-away spot. Thanks for the great compliments on our Peppercorn restaurant, staff and many amenities. We try to make it your ‘home away from home’ and anticipate what you need plus fun things to do. Please stay in touch via Facebook and share some of your vacation photos with us.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The accomodations were clean and comfortable. The price was reasonable, Room Service was great, and so was breakfast. All the staff were very friendly and professional. The head Waitress (She is Philipino, and I think her name is Ruth). Was very gracious. The bed was comfortable and food was good. Nice to be able to sit on a balcony and watch the ocean. We had a great time, and will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a seaside room. The upper floors provide an excellent view of the Atlantic!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Happy (belated) Mother’s Day! We are so glad that you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed yourself on the private balcony with the oceanfront views. Rain or shine that’s a view you never get tired of seeing! Thanks for the nice compliments regarding both our staff and restaurant services- we’ll be sure to let them know! Please keep in touch via Facebook and visit us again soon….maybe to celebrate another holiday? 

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I purchased the GroupOn special for this property because I have stayed in this hotel a few times before and was very happy with it. Honestly, I have always stayed in the oceanview rooms. I had initally purchased the GroupOn for an ocean front/view room but had decided I had wanted to bring my dog with me. The staff was very nice about letting me change my room to a pet room and just waiving the pet fee since there was a difference in price. They put us in room 126. The room was nice and very clean however, the first night (Fri) as I was walking my dog I got hit by a cigarette that came flying from an upper floor while I was walking my dog. The second night it rained beer and ice from the upper floors while I was sitting on my patio and splashed up on to me. Finally, to top the weekend off my mother's day got off to a great start when I got drenched by someone tossing water over their balcony as I was walking off of mine to walk the dog. At this point I was so angry I just packed up my stuff and decided to leave. I had planned on staying longer and getting breakfast at the restaurant and playing on the beach a little, but I was so upset that I could barely speak to the front desk person as angry as I was and I did not want to unleash all that on her as she did not deserve it. This whole weekend makes me sad as it was suposed to be my mother's day get away with my son and our dog. I dont think I could recommend this hotel any longer. To anyone staying on the bottom floor use caution.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jennifer r

We are grateful that you stayed with us on several occasions and for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that other guests were inconsiderate to you and affected your ‘hard earned’ Mother’s Day get-away as well as how you rated your overall experience with us. We’ll be sure to take corrective action in attempting to eliminate that in the future and do hope that you’ll come back and visit with us again.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed from 05/12/12 to 05/14/12 on the first floor. We really enjoyed our stay, the staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, which is always important. I have to agree with another traveler that the rooms could use soundproofing because we had very loud neighbors.

1  Thank 703SherylS
RamadaPlazaNagsHead, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Nags Head Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and we are thrilled that our staff was able to help you feel comfortable during your stay so that you could enjoy yourself. That’s our #1 priority! Your comments are very important to us and we value your input. We’d love for you to ‘like’ our Facebook page and keep in touch as we’re always doing fun things while offering great values. We hope to see you again soon.