US$213
US$195
Hotels.com
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)
US$224
US$150
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
US$189
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$185
US$180
US$263
US$250
BestWestern.com
Sea Ranch Resort(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$208
Cancelon
Driftin' Sands Motel(Kill Devil Hills)
US$159
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanocean viewbiscuits and gravyparking lotthird floorhot breakfastthe wright brothers memorialcomfortable stayenglish muffinsbeach accessnon smokingkitty hawkbeach hotelstaff was friendlyouter banksobx
Reviewed December 13, 2017

We reserved a room at this Inn for 3 nights over the Veteran's Day weekend for the OBX Marathon. Location could not be better. From the parking lot you can see the Wright's Brothers museum monument. Rooms are motel style. You enter and exit your room from the outside. We had a first floor room in the back corner - small patio outside of the room facing the ocean. You cannot see the ocean (big sand dunes and a wall) but can definitely hear and smell the ocean. Room was satisfactory. Complaints - windows covered in sand and salt spray so thick and who knows how long it had been since they had been cleaned. The other big issue we had was that there was a gap above the door that allowed freezing cold air into the room so even with the heat cranked up all the way, room stayed very cold. One small issue, there was a light out in the bathroom when we arrived and unfortunately, it was ignored during our stay. Otherwise, the room was fine. Breakfast was more than adequate with the service from Inn staff very helpful and kept on top of the area being clean and food warm and tasty. Inn staff did a fine job with fixing our beds and fresh towels and toiletries each day. One last issue - I had brought my own pillow with me and left it behind in error. I called the Inn the morning after we got home and spoke to the desk clerk. She had me hold on while she checked and sure enough found my pillow. She offered to send it to me. I just asked for the pillow case since it matched a set I owned and to this date, some 6 weeks later, I have NOT received it. I emailed the manager twice. After the 2nd email, I received a response, quite curt I might add saying it had been mailed to me that same day of my phone call. Again, I don't know what happened but I have NOT gotten it back. To recap: rooms are adequate, beds are comfortable, breakfast options quite good and staff friendly but staff could do a better job with attention to detail and the Inn does need some updating.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mona F
Amanda P, General Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

Thank you Mona for your honest review, I appreciate it very much. Again I do apologize for you not receiving your pillow case but I did mail it out the same day we spoke to the address you gave me. I am not sure what happened and for that I am sorry. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season, safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

We stayed here for just two nights (had to curtail trip at the last minute) and it was just enough time to unwind a bit. Our oceanfront room had a great view but only a partial window onto the balcony and beach. If I'm paying for oceanfront with a balcony then a full window is what I want and expect...that being said, the lobby, breakfast, and check in/check out were very good and the lady who took my reservation by phone was as nice as she could have been. This trip was far too brief but it couldn't be helped. If I'm ever back in the area (you can see The Wright Brothers Memorial from the top floor here) I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Travelkitty50,
Thanks for your review we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on your next visit to the OBX. Happy Holidays!!

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I used a third party to book this room. I found out who gets the “special” rooms. The ones right next to the elevator mechanical room, the one farthest from the beach, the one on the third floor,lol. This hotel has been remodeled since I last stayed. Carpet is replaced with hardwood flooring. Still has plenty of rust, but I believe this is a beach problem, not necessarily this hotels issue. The room was clean, the appliances worked and the internet was acceptable. The beds were comfortable, at least for hotel beds. Breakfast was the normal hot breakfast- eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, pastries and toast. The waffles were dealers choice, miniature or pancake shaped. Coffee, juice, milk and yogurt. Check inn, check out was smooth. The location was great for this trip- almost in the middle(north to south). I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Amanda P, General Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Civilwar64,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the good review, we appreciate your feedback very much and hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a little dated but the location to the beach is unbeatable! We had an excellent rate for our stay so didn’t complain when our hotel room was musty smelling from the ac running or the fact that the vinyl floor was filthy. The room was a decent size and had everything we needed. The hotel is also in close proximity to restaurants and shopping! The complimentary breakfast was decent and a bonus! Would probably stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Amanda P, General Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

727alishas,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate your feedback very much. We use this to encourage our staff to keep working hard as we continue to improve our property to provide the best experience possible for our guests.

Reviewed October 25, 2017

This is the worst Quality Inn I've ever stayed in. Nothing quality at all here. We had a room on the second level with a partial ocean view (room 239). It had a private balcony and it did have a nice view of the ocean. That was really the only good thing I could say about the room. It was two queen beds and the bedding was so worn out that it was scratchy and uncomfortable to sleep under. The mattress was horrible. Hard as a rock and the bed was old and made loud noises when you moved around. The ceiling had black mold growing on it and it looks like the cleaning staff just don't care at all about cleaning the rooms. Dust and filth everywhere. We went to the beach every day and when they did their daily cleaning, they didn't even both to sweep up the sand on the floor. They don't change linens every day either. They say in a sign on the counter that it is an effort to be green. Considering how poor they take care of the place, it's more like them being cheap and not wanting to spend anything. The whole hotel is run down and in poor condition. They do serve a hot breakfast and it was so so. It wasn't the worst hotel breakfast I had, but it certainly wasn't that great. We only ate it twice out of the four days we stayed because it was just not that good. The only good thing about this hotel is that it has a private access to the beach and that was a good feature - that and the ocean view. They say this is a no smoking hotel, but people were smoking outside their doors all the time and the whole place just reeked of cigarette smoke. There are plenty of other places to stay around the area. Choose a different hotel. I stayed in the off season, so the price was reasonable for a hotel on the beach. But not worth the price at all when you consider how bad this hotel is and how many other options there are. Do yourself a favor and keep on looking. Unless they make major upgrades to this hotel, it's a complete waste of your money to stay here. The Outerbanks area was great and we will be back. But never to this run down, pathetic excuse of a hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Amanda P, General Manager at Quality Inn Carolina Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Gonefishing2819,

I am sorry that you did not like our hotel. My staff and I work hard to please our guests and if you had a problem during your stay we would have more than happy to accommodate your requests. Our hotel is not filthy, we are outside corridor so yes there are some challenging's keeping the sand off the stairwells and hallways. We do not change our sheets on a daily basis per our Choice "Room to be Green" standards, but if you would have requested it we would have with no issues. The linens are always fresh and in good condition, mattresses are new and we get a lot of wonderful comments on them. Our breakfast is also everything and more than our Choice standards require. We are non-smoking hotel and we encourage all our guests to go to the designated smoking area but again with us being and outdoor corridor hotel many guests do just step onto the balconies to smoke. We are working very hard to improve our property each day and will continue to do so in order to better serve our guests. I hope you continue you travels safely and consider all the aspects of what hotels go through and how hard our employees work and how willing we are to please you while you stay with us before you write you next review.