“Food Good. Service didn't totally hit the mark.”

King Kitchen Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in King
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Out on a day trip and decided to eat a late lunch at King Kitchen Family Restaurant. My husband loves their vegs but I love the fact that who ever is in the kitchen is allow to run with their culinary skills. Today it was Bang Bang Shrimp. I had never had it before but it was so good. We had good service, My only complaint with todays meal would be that when I as for a to go box ( I had 1/2 my shrimp and 1/2 of my salad) the waitress brought me a small box like for one slice of pie and there was no way to put all my left overs in it with out my shrimp getting soggy and my salad being covered in Bang Band sauce. :( So I took the shrimp and left my salad. :(

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

For the short review, scroll to the very bottom.

ATMOSPHERE
VERY fast-paced. It’s clearly a local favorite. They seem to have just updated the interior and also have seemingly recently added a slick (Patagonia-esque) logo, which they’ve printed on shirts and hats and sell at the front counter.

SERVICE
Prompt. Friendly. Received everything we asked for. Never let my drink go empty. What more can you ask for?

FOOD
Delicious. We started with the Texas Potato Skins/Wedges. They were PERFECT. Some places don’t cook these right and they end up under/overdone. These were the perfect potato texture, cheese was melty and warm, bacon bits were warm and just the right amount of crispy. Jalapeños on top, drizzle some ranch on top. PERFECT.
My meal: Fried pork tenderloin with black pepper gravy. Side salad and fried okra. Everything was very good. Fried okra is hard to mess up - and they didn’t. The pork chop wasn’t overly salty like I’ve had in the past and the gravy complimented it perfectly. If I HAD to critique something - the side salad’s greens consisted only of shredded iceberg lettuce, which doesn’t trip my trigger. I’d prefer some spinach, romaine, etc.
Wife’s meal: she opted to go light and skip a side, so she shared the skins with me and ordered the Philly cheese steak. In her words, it was “very good, no complaints.” It came with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, green peppers, and mayo (which she requested on the side).
It was about $22 after tax for everything (before tip).

BOTTOM LINE:
The atmosphere, service, and food were all (as my wife put it) “standard-good.” I was little more impressed with the food than she was, but I agree - nothing genuinely stood out. WILL be back. WILL recommend.
4 out of 5

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Food was okay, some tasted like food from a can. The service was okay as well, nothing extraordinary. The decor is definitely dated, and the seating was extremely worn. It was reasonably priced, especially the daily specials.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

If you're looking for a good family meal, then try King Kitchen. It a nice place for county style food, as well as burgers and breakfast. It is a very busy place, and you might have to wait a few minutes for a seat, but it is worth it.

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner. We had lasagna, popcorn shrimp, corn dog nuggets, and a cheeseburger. All of the food was tasty and the service was fast and pleasant. Plus they have the great nugget ice for drinks. A nice casual place to eat.

Been to King Kitchen Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!