“Great Service and Food”

Bad Bean Baja Grill
Ranked #12 of 69 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Description: We are a chef driven menu utilizing ingredients and techniques from around Latin America. We also incorporate local ingredients and cuisine. Our entire staff strives to create an awesome overall dinning experience. Daily drink specials from the bar and creative creations from the chefs in our kitchen are sure to please. There is something for everyone to enjoy so bring the whole family. We also have great vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed January 14, 2018

Bad Bean Baja Grill was about 5 minutes from Sea Scape Beach & Golf Villas where we were staying. Upon entering the restaurant, the atmosphere was welcoming and friendly. Try the chips and dip. I'm skeptical about trying new foods, but the dip served with the chips was excellent. Our waiter gave great service, attentive (didn't have to wait for refills), and answered questions about food item on the menu. Our orders came out fast and hot. We had "the shredder", "giant cali burrito", and the "grilled chicken fajita"; all excellent choices. We'll be eating here again.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

We arrived about 5pm on a Saturday evening, and were immediately directed to our seats. It was chilly inside, so we kept our sweatshirts on. Our drinks were brought immediately. I'm not sure if there was supposed to be chips and salsa, but we never got any. My kids were disappointed.
The food was good, but our server wasn't as quick with drink refills as we had hoped.
overall, we enjoyed our visit. Just wish it had been warmer and gotten chips and salsa along with faster refills.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

My family and I had dinner there last night. We were a party of five. We had just driven in to town from about six hours away and met my mother there for dinner. We arrived about 6:30 PM to a wait of about fifteen minutes. There were open tables in the dining room, but I believe that they were controlling the seating due to off season staffing levels. We waited at a table in the bar. I ordered a beer from John (at least I think that was his name - that was the name on the check) and he was super pleasant and efficient. He made my wife a margarita on the rocks with salt that she said was great and I had a draft beer. We were seated by the manager on duty who said that she was going to wait on us as they were so busy. Her name was Andrea and she was GREAT!! She took super care of us, made some good recommendations and made sure we were never in need of anything. My mom had a coconut creamsicle margarita that she said was delicious. For appetizers we had chips with guacamole and two different salsas - one mild, very much like pico de gallo and the other hot, that was smoky and delicious. For entrees, we had a chicken fajita quesadilla, a bowl of mushroom soup, a “Giant Cali Burrito,” shrimp taco, mahi mahi taco, beef brisket taco, pork belly taco with pickled onions and jicama, and a plain port taco. All of the food was outstanding and the ticket times were very fast. The guacamole was particularly good. Andrea explained that it was a very simple recipe, prepared to order, with avocado, salt, pepper and lemon juice. When the check came, I was surprised at how reasonable the check was. It did not seem to have the “OBX” tax that so many restaurants have down here where most of your customers are on vacation. The only complaints that I have are that the restaurant was very cold inside. We, in our group, left our coats on for the whole meal and most of the folks in the restaurant had their coats on as well. Also, the “Giant Cali Burrito” was served in a basket and it was definitely something that should have been on a plate to eat with a fork and knife. It was far to messy for a basket. I look forward to eating at Bad Bean Baja Grill again soon and hope that Andrea is there. She is a delightful host.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

great service, super fresh ingredients, gotta try the queso!!! Kids menu and kid friendly. Full bar also

Reviewed December 20, 2017

We eat here as much as our hectic summer schedules allow; when it slows down, we definitely stop in every few weeks. Friendly staff, great food, excellent Margarita/Mojito specials. Check out their daily specials as they usually contain seasonal variations and unique combinations. Very fresh food!