All reviews pancake machine the outer banks room was clean beach access black pelican short walk yogurt free breakfast non smoking stayed two nights desk clerk would stay here again nice stay the wright brothers easy access housekeeping staff mini fridge
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Scenic, close to everything you'd need. Courteous employees that exercise top notch customer service. When I visit the out banks next time it is without question where I'd be paying a visit! Thanks Diana!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2018

This hotel smells like mold and is filthy, very run down, carpets were old and dirty and bathrooms were gross, however easy walk to the beach and nice breakfast but really struggled with getting over the lack of cleanliness and mold.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Great location, but what if they do more cleaning on the entire hotel, it will make us want to stay here again. Whoever is in charge of this hotel, you do not pay attention to the cleaning, you do not set the standards for your employees on delivering good customer service. Good customer service is not limited to the friendless of employees, also the atmosphere, the cleaning, the building maintenance. I can see the dirt all over the place, the entrance glass is very dirty, you can see the finger prints, looks like the dust sticks to the glass , and it is not clear and clean. There are spider webs all over the corners of the external and internal parts of the building. I checked the room condition after I read other people’s reviews and saw the pictures they uploaded, that is true. The manager ( or the company do not keep good maintenance, the ironing board with water marks, the shower head has green thing on it, the room is moldy so on. Manager , please pay attention on those things, it will make huge changes, and make your customer happy and want to stay here again .

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Baymont several times while working on OBX and they always provide a great room at a great price!! I’ve had nothing but positive interactions with staff and will continue to stay here whenever I am in town!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I would like to preface this by stating that I have traveled across the US and abroad as well as travelling regularly for work. I do not need a fancy hotel or one that is extremely comfortable, I just request a clean place to sleep. While traveling for work, I have stayed at this hotel about 6 times over the past 3 years (including when it was a Holiday Inn) and it has only gotten worse over that period of time. I stayed at this location last week and while I was supposed to stay 2 nights, there were so many issues that I could not imagine staying and sleeping in that room again and left.
Pro's
-Normally priced appropriately for the quality of the hotel (for a Wed/Thurs in Aug it was $189 which is way more than it normally is)
-One street across from the ocean and I could see the water from second floor
-Close to several great restaurants

Below are a list of issues and I took pictures as well
-The first thing I did was look at the mattress for bed bugs because I knew that this hotel was not in the best shape and I found a vomit stain at the head of the mattress (see pic)
-The shower head had a green film/buildup on it that came off when scratched (see pic)
-The shower did not really appear to be well maintained and when I grabbed the towel hanging in it a long hair came off which makes me question if they are actually changing the towels out in the room (see pic)
-I know this hotel is old, but the water pipes were so loud when the neighbors shower was turned on and off
-Everything around the coffee maker was well organized, but when I went to prep my coffee there was still a used coffee packet in the coffee machine. I know this is not a big deal, but when it comes to hotels, it is the small things that matter and it makes me very concerned about what else I'm missing when something so obvious was not taken care of...
-Both mattresses in the room were very uncomfortable. They sunk in the middle and it was more like sleeping in a hammock. If the room was clean, I could've gotten over this
-The doors that lead to the outside that are only supposed to be for guests did not shut properly and anyone could get in
-When I address these issues with the manager the response was quite underwhelming. I kept being asked if I reported it to get a different room. While I did not, I tried to explain that each issue in itself was small but they kept building to the point where I could not stay there another night. I also had a pretty good idea that the other rooms were not going to be much better having stayed there many times before.

If location outweighs anything else on your priority list (including cleanliness, safety, and comfort) then this is the hotel for you. After three years of stays, I will not stay here again unless it is completely updated. It is a complete waste of what could be a nice mid-range hotel

Room tip: 2nd floor facing the ocean
  • Trip type: Travelled on business