3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$250
Expedia.comUS$250
Hotels.comUS$250
FindHotelUS$250
WyndhamUS$250
ZenHotels.comUS$269
All reviews room was clean black pelican outer banks duck ocean view beach obx cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2020

It could not be worse. The hotel is filthy, the rooms tired and service does not exist. I asked for clean towels and was told I couldn't't have them because of covid. I wanted my trash picked up, agin no because of covid. I wanted breakfast which is included and was given a cheap energy bar and a small bottle of water. This p[lace should bettors downing made into something useful like an animal shelter. Perhaps the people running it could b e hired because of their experience. Kitty Hawk should shut the place down because it is such a blot on the landscape.

Room tip: Avoid unless you like filth.
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Global40662
Reviewed July 24, 2020

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 10 or so years and it has gotten worse and worse with each stay. This stay was by far the worst and borderline unsafe. The check-in process was an absolute nightmare and took well over an hour to complete. The rooms were not cleaned and definitely not sanitized like the hotel was claiming. We had Lysol wiped the room and most of the wipes were black by the time we were finished. The cleaning staff was extremely unprofessional in the way they acted, spoke, and dressed. The hotel is literally falling apart and made us feel unsafe. Our fears only increased when the fire alarm was set off and the fire dept. had to show up and seeing mold in the hallway air-conditioned unit. I contacted Baymont directly to express my concerns, but only received a generic message saying the manager of this hotel would reach out to my directly. Several guests spoke with the management while we were staying there and it was pointless so speaking with them again will most likely be a waste of time. Unless Baymont or the owner steps in asap this hotel should be shutdown. Save your $250 and stay literally any where else.

Room tip: If you want a good room stay at a different hotel
2  Thank C7908ZVbradg
Reviewed July 18, 2020

We checked in late yesterday at 6:30 and they had to make sure the room was clean. Lady at front desk went to check. No one at the hotel including employees were staying 6 feet apart or wearing masks. We heard every excuse imaginable on why employees didn’t follow COVID 19 protocol. The hallways had trash scattered throughout and smelled like body odor. No coffee machine, phone, soap or shampoo at check in. Had to park far away in relation to our room. Internet is way too slow, had to use cell data. Guests were drinking in hallway, yelling and swearing. Hotel was way overpriced and needs to be renovated. I can go on and on. Bottom line is we didn’t feel safe here with COVID 19 lurking and all the drunk belligerent guests. We will never stay here again. Everrrr!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Pittguy38
Reviewed July 18, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I traveled with our 3 children ages 12, 4, and 5 months. Before we came for a weekend to our beloved outer banks I called the hotel multiple times to ensure the safety of my family during the outbreak of Covid-19. I was reassured each time that the staff would be wearing masks, the cleaning staff would be taking extra precautions in cleaning the rooms, and that hand sanitizer and extra soap would be given at check in. Well what a big flipping load of gorilla poo !!!!!! The staff was walking around without masks, coughing way to close to my babies, there was loads of cleaning crap and garbage in the halls, no coffee machine, no cups or soap in the room, and a complete lack of human decency!!!! Let’s not forget all of the patrons are walking around dropping all kinds of obscenities as we walked through the halls with my kids! There was all kinds of awful music blaring through the building and drunk morons loitering in the halls. When I called the front desk to express my concerns the reply I got was just criminal! It went a little something like this: “We don’t require our staff to wear a mask. As long as they are 6 feet apart we are meeting the requirements of the county.” Well there’s that load of flipping gorilla poo! I am not one to complain or even write reviews but you have gotta be out of your mind to think that even warrants a response from me. I am writing this review to try and save another family with littles the same experience I went through. This place is dirty, unsafe, and a complete embarrassment! Not to mention every place in this god forsaken town is charging take out fees and keeping your change if you don’t have the exact amount of your bill! Screw you Kitty Hawk!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Laurielou79
Reviewed July 17, 2020

This hotel needs major renovations!! Not worth the price you pay. Room was not as clean as it should have been considering the COVID-19 situation. The swimming pool is CLOSED. The only good thing was we had a far off distance ocean view.

Room tip: Stay in rooms on the back side
1  Thank beachloverfrva