“Great food - Quick!”

Hibachi Express
Ranked #33 of 60 Restaurants in Knightdale
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 August 2016

My son and I stopped in to get take out. We ordered sushi and a kids hibachi meal. It took maybe 10 minutes, if that. It was so quick that I almost couldn't believe it. We will be stopping here from now on for fresh food instead of the McDonalds drive-thru. Delicious!

Reviewed 8 March 2016

I would recommend this to any Oriental food lovers. Food is cooked to order, and is always very flavorful. Eat in or take out.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Perhaps we're spoiled by full-serve hibachi restaurants, and missed the point on this fast-food version, but for the extra $10 between this and what we pay in a traditional restaurant, I'd much prefer to pay the extra money and take home the leftovers rather than dumping them in the trash.

With a traditional hibachi restaurant you pay around the $20 mark for your entree (chicken, steak, shrimp) which includes a hot soup, salad, fried rice, and grilled veggies. Here you order a la carte for the most part. There's a communal vat of soup to which you're invited to help yourself, and the entree is served with grilled veggies and rice. The rice has no flavor whatsoever, though, and it's usually my favorite part. We had filet, and it was tender, and I had tempura shrimp as an appetizer, which was the best part of my meal.

This is almost completely serve yourself - you order at a counter, are given a cup for the soda machine, pick up your plastic utensils next to the soda machine and serve yourself a bowl of onion-flavored soup if you're interested. A server brings your order to your table, but that's the only time you'll see him or her, so if you need something or have a problem, you'll have to go back to the counter to get service.

Again, the service is fast. Making it a choice for people in a hurry - like any fast food restaurant. But like a fast-food restaurant, it's a mass-produced meal not held to the standards of a full-service restaurant. And the meal isn't cheap enough to put it in the same ballpark as most fast-food restaurants, so this place isn't good enough to warrant paying the price for food that doesn't measure up.

We won't be back.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

This place is quick, and the food is good. There's not as much variety as at some places, but everyone I know who has been there likes it. The setting is not great, but it's adequate.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

When I had to go out of town for a few weeks, my husband was left on his own to figure out dinner. He found this place and fell in love. He would rave about it on our skype calls and I just thought he was being over dramatic about how good it is. Now lets fast forward to the day I got home. We were next door grabbing some groceries and my husband insists that we stop and get some sushi. I never really liked sushi before it just wasn't my thing. It was by one get one free so we each got two rolls. I got a cucumber roll and a dragon roll and to be honest I forgot what my husband got (oops!) Everything was so good! I was so surprised! I've gone 21 years of my life disliking sushi and now life has really begun. My husband's was so good too. We went back the next day because I wanted more that bad. Just writing this review I want to go back later for dinner! Keep up the great work!