“Wonderful Pizza”

Mike's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Knightdale
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We recently moved to the Knightdale area and we were looking for a place to get pizza. We tried several places that we won't go back to but then we found Mike's and we stopped looking. I haven't tried any of their other dishes because I love their pizza. They also have wonderful cannolis that are covered in chocolate!!
It's not the closest place to us but it's worth going the extra distance for their pizza.

1  Thank Nancy M

Reviewed 19 July 2017

As far as Italian food goes, the pizza. Lasagna and Italian wedding soup were very good. I have only had lunch on about 6 ocassions and its good. The service is ok. The place clean and well lit.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

If you are in Knightdale, and a little bored with the chains. I recommend this place. It is in a strip mall, but once inside the it is quite charming and quaint. Even though it is in a strip mall, it makes a nice atmosphere for a casual date or a get-together with friends.

Now about the food: I had a personal size 10 inch pepperoni pizza for 8.50. If you are not a huge eater, then the personal size pizza would serve two. The pizza was of good quality (cheese, crust, sauce), and worth the price.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the strip mall location- the food is excellent! Yummy marinara is a good way to judge Italian and this was homemade and so tasty! The mozzarella sticks were also homemade and my husband loved the calzone- good amount of meat per crust.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Mike's is a step up from from your typical small town strip mall Italian restaurant. They offer the full range of traditional meals without any surprises. The restaurant is clean, not crowded, and tastefully decorated. The pre-meal bread is better than sub rolls with butter and garlic. Their piccata is not my favorite, but their marsala is robust. Based on their Calzone, their pizza should be good.

Sometimes they are quick, but not always. If you are trying to fit Mike's in before something, you may consider another option or at least asking them how busy they are.

Overall, I would return here over other places in comfortable driving distance.