All reviewsrumbling baldapple valleylazy rivergolf coursegreat golffairway villasin great shapemini golfchimney rocksecurity gaterent a golf cartfamily vacationtennis courtsrental housetrout streampontoon boatbeach area
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife, 2 adult sons, 1 daughter-in-law, and I stayed in the Brown House (named for the owners and not the color) for a week in July. The house was located at the edge of the lake with its own paddle-boat. The view was fantastic and the house was everything we wanted for a vacation retreat. The food and service at the on-site restaurant was excellent, especially "prime-rib night". We took the luncheon Lake Lure cruise offered and it was very entertaining to hear the history. We used the pool, spa, kayaks, and tennis courts on-site. We did horseback riding, zip-line, and visited the famous Lake Lure Inn, Grandfather Mountain, and Chimney Rock on various day trips. The Rumbling Bald Resort staff were very friendly and helpful and when we had a couple of minor maintenance issues they responded immediately. I highly recommend the Resort as a wonderful place to "get away from it all".

Room Tip: Get a lake front house for the view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick F
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband, 15 year old daughter, 74 year old mother and I stayed at a Stonecrest Villa, overlooking the golf course for 4 days. The villa was beautiful, clean and very well equipped, I have not a single complaint. We were not on the main resort which meant a short drive to the amenities and restaurants but there was a lovely pool in our area. We would return at a moments notice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn548
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family and I stayed at this resort during memorial day in a quail cove property. But it needed a carpet cleaning BAD. Cream rugs that looked brown. My fiancé and I stayed in the basement room that you could only access by walking through the master bedroom. It was really musty smelling with dead bugs on the floor ( including a cockroach ). Grossed me out and I would go to sleep telling myself to pretend I was camping outside. I was paranoid that roaches would crawl into my luggage. We kept the windows open to air it out and the smell never went away after 3 days. I even sprayed everything with Lysol. I do like the resort amenities which include stand up kayaking. I think what you have to do is inspect your room before you commit to it or see if they will let you switch if at check in if you aren't happy.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in a cabin at the resort for a wedding this past weekend! The weather was beautiful and our cabin was well maintained, fully equipped and very spacious. The resort also accommodated the wedding reception and did a wonderful job. Lots of activities at the pool and beach as well as restaurants on site. The resort takes some time to get to and involves lots of curvy roads but the drive is worth it. The scenery is beautiful!! Would definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed in Apple Valley Villas with the kids and loved the activities to do at this resort! For around $100 a night you can get an efficiency rental with kitchen, back porch, very queit area and peaceful...and LOTS to do at the resort! It is beautiful here!

Room Tip: Look at all the pictures and pick a place that has been remodeled or updated recently. Some of the places haven't been remodeled in a while. The one we were in was Apple Valley 60 and it was updated and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family