“Escape to the B&B for the those who don't think they like B&B's.”

The Lodge on Lake Lure
Ranked #1 of 3 Lake Lure B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Escape to the B&B for the those who don't think they like B&B's.”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Excellent escape locale for those looking for a high-class yet casual and intimate inn. Although billed as a B & B, the Lodge on Lake Lure seems like a small boutique hotel. The breakfast is served at your private table in the dining room, the rooms are located along several halls, all with their own private deck and baths. Very plush linens! And, the view! Beautiful! Wonderful friendly staff as well.

Room Tip: The rooms on the end of the halls have gas fireplaces. Rooms on top floor are quieter and on the s...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Have been coming here with close friends for an annual fall weekend for six years. The Lodge offers a spectacular location, a yummy breakfast, warm hospitality from the staff and comfortable rooms. The views of the lake are gorgeous. I wasn't sure how I'd like some of the new decor and recent renovations, but I did like them, especially the improved reception/check-in area and the dock access. It sounds like more new features may be added next year. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I recently had my wedding at the Lodge and I honestly cannot think of a single thing that was not 100% perfect.

Andrew (the manager) and all the staff were unbelievably helpful and accommodating, both in getting everything set in the months and weeks ahead of time and during the actual event. Everyone was all smiles and really went out of their ways to make sure my (now) wife and I, as well as our guests, had everything we needed and really just enjoyed ourselves. It's funny how much of a difference having a happy and engaged staff was to the whole event.

The venue is breathtakingly beautiful and easily accommodated everyone (we had a fairly small event – less than 40 people). The Lodge has just finished partial renovations and everything looks great in the main areas, the rooms, and on the grounds. Everything was clean and fresh and well-maintained. The rooms were outstanding; each one had gorgeous views and ample space to stretch out with enough amenities to go around (huge bathtubs, outdoor spaces, fireplaces)

Although less relevant unless you are planning an event yourself, I must commend the Lodge and Andrew on two points: the incredible value and the quality of food. I can't tell you how refreshing it was to find a venue that didn’t hear "wedding" and immediately raise their prices 50%. The rooms are all at rates which are more than fair, the food and wine was market-rate, and there were no "service fees" or "facility fees" or anything like that. Speaking of the food, the dinner Andrew and his staff prepared for us was absolutely amazing. Fresh, local ingredients combined with sheer variety ensured that everyone had their fill of whatever they decided to eat and drink.

I could rave about the venue for hours if pressed, but for the purposes of this review, let me close by saying if you are planning a smallish wedding, family reunion, corporate retreat, or any other type of group event, you will not a find a more hospitable staff, a more beautiful location, or more reasonable prices than the Lodge on Lake Lure. I cannot thank them enough for helping make my wedding a truly wonderful event.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Matthew R
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I did not get the opportunity to stay as we had to cancell reservations. They have a very inflexible policy and we were charged for the whole 2 days (close to $700). The room was only off the market for a couple of days and they themselves said the room would probably not rent since it was not on the weekend. You can't get vouchers for another date. Just make sure before booking that you understand the nonrefundable (for ANY reason) policy.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jim B
lodgeking, Manager at The Lodge on Lake Lure, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
Mr. B,

Unfortunately you did not take the opportunity we agreed to in our conversation to stay with us at some point over the last two months, so we could show how flexible we really are and to show you why so many of our guests love the Lodge.

I hope this response finds you well for a Happy Holiday.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Staff
The Lodge on Lake Lure

Andrew
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2011

What a great surprise. We had booked a room at the Lodge on Lake Lure after doing research, but when we arrived it was way beyond our expectations. Situated right on Lake Lure, the hotel had great staff that could not do enough for us on any request. The room was amazingly wonderful, rustic, overlooking Lake Lure with a balcony. Breakfast was included along with afternoon wine and appetizers. Coffee and pastries throughout the day. They have their own canoes at the boat house for free use, a great bonus! Large, warm lobby and Living Room, easily accessed from the rooms. The room was adequately large, well maintained with comfy bed. Free wireless internet. We plan to come back and enjoy for a few days!

Room Tip: Book a Room overlooking the Lake.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CliffKol
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I were looking for a place to rest and relax for a few days following a difficult and stressful summer. Boy, did we find it here! The Lodge is gorgeous and immaculate. We went mid-week in mid-September and it was very quiet, which was exactly what we wanted.
The food was very good, I particularly enjoyed the "Breakfast Salad" which was served one morning. Also, the staff is very acommodating.
We were in Room 10, and it was lovely. Beautiful and cozy, with a private deck where we sat and watched it rain..romantic and cozy! Also, the bathroom was amazing. While the room is small, the bath is quite large, and I can't find enough superlatives to explain the oversize tub which sits in a bay window overlooking the lake. I highly recommed a glass of wine and a soak in this tub for rejuvenation!
There is always something delicious coming out of the kitchen. One night there were glazed yeast rolls, we snuck back upstairs for seconds! When you go, demand them! They were so good, you won't be able to forget them... I don't know what they call them, but they are warm and yeasty and absolutely devine! There were tons of other delicious treats, but those rolls...oh my!
It has been nearly a month since our visit and I still find myself thinking of this trip, and what a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing time it was. We will become regulars here. Go! You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Go to the Lodge on Lake Lure website where you can take a virtual tour of each room. Plus, when you...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Rock Hill
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I were looking for a nice quiet place to visit and relax for the weekend and am I glad we found out about The Lodge on Lake Lure! It was AMAZING! From our room to the food, everything was more than what we expected! We stayed in room 12 and it was beautiful! The bed was very comfortable! I didn't want to get out of it! And from our room we had a private balcony which was very peaceful and with a few steps it leads out to the walkway that goes to the lake. There are canoes and a boat that guest can use which is great if you don't want to pay to tour the lake. If you don't know how to drive a boat, you can go into town and take a tour for just $20 which was fun! There is so much history in lake lure. At the lodge the food was limited but what they offered was some of the best I've ever tasted. Everything is a little pricey but trust me it is well worth it and you will not be disappointed! I am now planning a trip to take my family back so this will not be the last time I visit!!!

Room Tip: Room 12 was great! It was quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1.7 km away
Willowbrook Inn
Willowbrook Inn
#2 of 3 in Lake Lure

Been to The Lodge on Lake Lure? Share your experiences!